Moon Ka-Young (문가영) is a South Korean actress under KeyEast Entertainment. She made her acting debut in 2006 at the age of 10 in the drama “Fallen Angel, Jenny”.
Moon Ka-Young Profile
|Birth Name||Moon Ka-Young (문가영)|
|Birthday||July 10th, 1996|
|Age||27 (in July 2023)|
|Height||169 cm (5’7”)|
|Weight||46 kg (101 lbs)|
Moon Ka-Young Facts:
– Moon Ka-Young was born in Germany to Korean parents.
– Her parents met and married in Germany.
– The family moved to South Korea when she was 10.
– She went to Pungmoon Girls High School.
– She later graduated from Sungkyunkwan University.
– Moon Ka-Young’s name means “beautiful shine.”
– Her father is a physicist and her mother has majored in piano.
– She has an older sister.
– Her sister is a vegetarian.
– She wants to act in historical dramas and as a professional like a doctor.
– She stays in touch with co-stars Jung Yong-hwa and Im Se-mi.
– She has an unexpected charm of being “cynical.”
– One of her nicknames is “Munka”.
– If the world were ending, she’d work out, eat well, and chat with her sister.
– Moon Ka-young is known to be an avid reader of books by Jacques Lacan, indicating her interest in his works.
– Additionally, she has identified herself as a feminist, showing her support for gender equality and women’s rights.
– She’s always busy, whether working out, reading, knitting, or playing games.
– She has a tattoo of an Archaeopteryx on her back, which is said to be inspired by a dream her mother had during pregnancy.
– Her biggest fear is making a mistake.
– She perceives herself as a cold beauty.
– Her ideal type is a kind and good-natured person.
– She cannot eat Kiwi fruit.
– Moon Ka-young was particularly impressed by the movie “The Butterfly Effect.”
– Additionally, she mentioned that she drives a Genesis G70.
– She started acting after returning from Germany, beginning as a commercial model.
– She started acting when she was just 10 years old in 2006, appearing in both movies and TV shows.
– In 2014, she played her first leading role as the main character in a short drama called “Mimi,” which was a mystery and romance series.
– In April 2015, Moon Ka-Young acted as the female lead in the web drama “EXO Next Door,” which was available on Naver TV Cast. She also had supporting roles in popular TV series like “Don’t Dare to Dream” and “Live Up to Your Name.”
– In 2017, she starred in a drama special called “Waltzing Alone.”
– In 2018, she played the lead role in the romance drama “Tempted,” which was based on a famous French novel. Her performance earned her an Excellence Award at the MBC Drama Awards.
– 2019 saw her as one of the main cast members in the comedy TV series “Welcome to Waikiki 2.”
– In 2020, she became the female lead in two more TV dramas: “Find Me in Your Memory” and “True Beauty,” where she played the character Lim Ju-kyung.
– In 2022, Moon Ka-young starred in the fantasy-melodrama “Link: Eat, Love, Kill” on tvN and the office-romance drama “The Interest of Love” on JTBC.
Appearances & Participations
– In 2009, she appeared in a variety show “Sinnara Science” as an MC.
– In 2020, Moon Ka-Young appeared in “Food Avengers” as a cast member.
– She became famous for her acting in several TV shows and dramas, including “Heartstrings” (2011), “EXO Next Door” (2015), “Tempted” (2018), “Welcome to Waikiki 2” (2019), “Find Me in Your Memory” (2020), “True Beauty” (2020–2021), “Link: Eat, Love, Kill” (2022), and “The Interest of Love” (2022–2023).
Likes & Dislikes
– Moon Ka-Young loves the color black.
– She likes summer, sneakers, and dogs.
– She likes her profile look and her home.
– Her favorite emoji is the devil emoji.
– Her prefers teleportation as a superpower.
– Her role model is Angelina Jolie.
– Her favorite instagram picture is of her dog.
– She likes action movies.
– She enjoys singing “Through the Night” at karaoke and describes herself as a perfectionist.
– Moon Ka-Young’s favorite book is “Frankenstein” by Mary Shelley.
– She likes to carry around small bottled perfumes.
– She prefers woody and unisex scents in perfumes.
– She prefers soju over beer and eats bungeoppang starting from the head.
– Her favorite Korean food has perilla in it.
– Her favorite coffee is a Vanilla double shot.
– Her favorite German snacks are Kinder Pingui, Milch-Schnitte, and Hippo.
– She prefers sour food, mint chocolate, and pizza.
– Moon Ka-Young loves bubble tea.
– She can speak German, Korean, and English.
– She plays the piano.
– She’s good at memorizing lines and enjoys learning new things.
Personality & Habits
– To relieve stress, she exercises, walks her dog, or listens to music.
– She’s a gamer but limits playtime to two hours.
– When she feels sad, she listens to depressing music to feel better.
– Her MBTI type is INTJ.
– Moon Ka-young has maintained close friendships with several fellow actors. She has been friends with Apink’s Kim Nam-joo since their time as child actors, and they were also classmates in the Department of Acting at Sungkyunkwan University.
– Additionally, she has formed close bonds with other actors such as Yang Hye-ji, Lee Ho-jung, and Shin Hyun-ji.
– Her most famous dramas include; “EXO Next Door”, “Tempted”, and “True Beauty”.
– She has won several awards including; Emotive Award – Actress and Excellence Award.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
NOTE: If you know more facts about Moon Ka-young, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!
Latest Drama Teaser: