Aleebi (알리비) is a solo singer from South Korea under Aleebi Music. He made his debut on August 21, 2017, with the song “Nandemonaiya“.
Stage Name: Aleebi (알리비)
Birth Name: Lee Austin (이어진)
Occupation: Singer, Rapper, Songwriter
Birthday: April 8, 1996
Age: 27 (in 2023)
Active Years: 6
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height: 180 cm (5’11)
Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
Blood Type: O –
- Aleebi was born in New York, United States.
- Aleebi later moved with his family to the Bay Area in California.
- He said his proudest moment was when he released “Mobius 1” with Lydia Ganada.
- He freestyles lyrics and melody together until he finds a line or lyrics he likes, he jots it down further and builds his song from there.
- Aleebi creates hip-hop and indie-pop music with lyrics in English, Korean, and Japanese.
- His hobbies include music and playing video games, particularly Tekken and Insurgency: Sandstorm.
- His current goals are to regularly release at least one song per month, practice guitar and VFX editing, and share his music on TikTok.
- His inspirations are Halle Berry, John Legend, and John Mayer.
- Aleebi’s Asian-American background as well as his roots in three different cultures heavily influences his musical styles.
- He prefers to think of small goals he can work towards because not meeting his own expectations stresses him out.
- He draws inspiration from both Western and Eastern music.
- His song “Nandemonaiya” is dedicated to his girlfriend, who left the US and returned to Japan after studying for a year. He cried a lot and wanted to convey that he missed her.
- Aleebi can speak three languages fluently, Korean, English, and Japanese.
- He started music by uploading one-minute-long covers for his friends on Instagram.
- In an interview, he said that when he and his brother were playing games, his brother nicknamed himself “bumbleblee” because his name starts with B. Aleebi found that cute and made a similar version of the name for himself too.
- He says he has been humbled creatively and as a person since his career started in music.
- He is an honorary member of the label OLOGY.
- Aleebi wants his fans to not be like him and to seek professional help when they struggle with something that is too difficult to handle.
- He finds producing to be the most challenging part of making music.
- His favorite song from his own work is “insomnia.”
- Aleebi’s MBTI type is ENFP.
- He frequently uses 😂, 😭, 💀, and 👀 emojis.
- Aleebi’s brother is eight years older than him