BLOO (블루) is a South Korean rapper under UNCUTPOINT. He made his debut on June 18, 2016, with the single album “Tony”.
|Stage Name||BLOO (블루)|
|Birth Name||Kim Hyunwoong (김현웅)|
|Birthday||October 12, 1994|
|Age||29 (in Oct 2023)|
|Height||171 cm (5’7″)|
– BLOO was born in Sadang-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul.
– He later moved to Los Angeles.
– He took Spanish classes at school.
– BLOO attended the same high school as Nafla and Young West, and together they formed the 42 Crew.
– In the past, he worked as a Math and Science teacher/tutor for three months.
– His favorite alcoholic beverage is Hennessy, which inspired him to write a song dedicated to it.
– He has a younger sister.
– One of his regrets from his school days is shaving his head.
– His English name is Daniel Kim.
– He experiences homesickness quite often.
– His first tattoo, a “G” on the inside of his right arm, was acquired during high school when gangsta hip-hop was trending.
– Participating in community service and helping others made him realize that he had nothing to complain about.
– He also had jobs at a clothes factory and a coffee shop.
– To deal with insomnia, he takes pills as a coping mechanism.
– He met Nafla while they were in high school. Nafla was a senior, and BLOO was a freshman.
– He also met Niahn through Nafla, as Niahn was Nafla’s best friend
– BLOO believes that many of his songs, especially “I Am” from “Downtown Baby” and “So Rude,” best express who he is because they draw from his personal life and experiences.(Hiphopkr Interview)
– When he first arrived in the USA, he struggled with low self-esteem due to factors like his height, pimples, and not speaking English.
– His inspiration to become a singer came from the song ‘When You Believe’ by Whitney Houston, with the goal of moving people’s hearts through music.
– He derived his stage name “BLOO” by combining the nicknames of his favorite rappers, “bad boy,” and his sister’s nickname “loo.” (Hiphopkr Interview)
– The hardest song for him to create was “To.dream,” and he mentioned that he cried a lot while writing it. (Hiphopkr Interview)
– He is fluent in both Korean and English.
– He has a dog named Max.
– He aspires to travel everywhere with the money he earns from his music.
– He once stated during an Instagram live session that he won’t get a face tattoo.
– His parents are originally from Gwangju and Naju, South Korea.
– Due to his unique appearance, he was sometimes mistaken as half-Southeast Asian by Nafla during their school days.
– BLOO currently lives in Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.
– When he moved back to Korea after living in the US for a long time, he felt lost and had a challenging time adjusting.
– He wants to collaborate with Jennie from BLACKPINK.
– He is part of the duo neonblue with niahn.
– He joined MKIT RAIN after being invited by Loopy and Nafla.
– He collaborated with VIINI and Lee Suhyun on the song ‘Love The Moon.’
– He made an appearance on DIVE Studios’ YouTube channel in October 2022.
– He is currently under UNCUTPOINT.
Likes & Dislikes
– He enjoys watching the TV program “Baek Jong-won’s Alley Restaurant.”
– He’s unsure about his favorite color and mentioned that it might be white.
– His favorite fruits include avocados.
– He is a fan of the character Deadpool and even has a tattoo of him.
– He enjoys listening to old-school hip-hop artists like Tupac and Biggie.
– His favorite rapper is 50 Cent, and he loves the diversity in 50 Cent’s music, ranging from gangster music to love songs. (Hiphopkr Interview)
– BLOO enjoys drinking sparkling water, with Trevi being one of his preferred brands.
– His favorite movie is “Joker” from 2019.
– One thing he dislikes about bars in Korea is the difficulty in finding the alcohol he likes.
– BLOO is interested in dating but acknowledges that it might be challenging due to work commitments and differences in thinking.
– If he doesn’t like someone, he’ll let go due to work, but if he likes her, he anticipates that they might have frequent disagreements.
– His ideal type is someone like BLACKPINK’s JENNIE, as he finds her sassy and appealing.
– He is the type to go with the flow and let his date choose the activities.
– BLOO has several tattoos, including a crescent moon on his chest, a cross in a circle on his finger, “Peaky” (inspired by Peaky Blinders), and a Gothic “G” on his right arm. He also has tattoos of flowers and possibly an image of Michael Archangel on his left arm, and “Cook” (inspired by the Skins character) on his right hand.
– The “Peaky” tattoo is a tribute to the main character from Peaky Blinders, a show he liked.
– His first tattoo, the “G,” represents “keeping it fresh.”
– The “P” tattoo stands for Pirates.
Personality & Habits
– His MBTI personality type is ENFP.
– He doesn’t go to clubs or bars and doesn’t enjoy that scene, citing that it doesn’t have the right ‘vibe’ for him.
– He has an adventurous personality and is open to trying new experiences.
– He often says “Why not.”
– His popular songs include “Downtown Baby”, “I Am The One”, “Drama” and “Drive Thru”.
NOTE: If you know more facts about BLOO, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!