Danielle (다니엘) is a Korean-Australian K-pop singer and a member of the girl group NEWJEANS under ADOR.
Danielle (NEWJEANS) Profile
Stage Name: Danielle (다니엘)
Birth Name: Danielle June Marsh / Mo Jihye (모지혜)
Birthday: April 11, 2005
Active Years: 2022–present
Age: 18 (in Apr 2023)
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
Blood Type: AB
Danielle (NEWJEANS) Facts:
– Danielle was born in Munsan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
– She lived in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.
– She attended Munsan Elementary School.
– She dropped out of Valentine Public School.
– She lived in Munsan-up, Paju, Gyeonggi Province for three years from the age of 5 to 8 because her mother wanted her children to learn about the Korean culture and her father worked as an English teacher in South Korea.
– She appeared on many TV programs, including Rainbow Kindergarten and My Heart’s Crayon. She also worked as a kid’s model.
– She returned to Australia with her family in June 2012.
– She has a mixed heritage, with an Australian father and a Korean mother.
– Her MBTI type is ENFP.
– She has an older sister named Gyuna/Olivia, who is approximately five years older and was born in 2000.
– The surname “Mo” is rare in Korea, with only about 20,000 people sharing that surname. She belongs to the Hampyeong Mo clan.
– Her representative hashtag is #Sunflower, as she is considered the sunflower of the group.
– In her childhood, Danielle used to rummage through her mom’s and grandmom’s closets with her older sister, wear their clothes and pretended to walk like runaway models. (Dazed Korea interview)
– Many people say she resembles Kim Yoojung.
– If she had to choose one K-pop song to listen to forever, she would choose IU’s “밤편지 (Through The Night).”
– Her mother met her father when she went aboard to study in Australia.
– Her biggest fear is being alone in the world.
– The first concert she watched was Celine Dion’s concert in Australia.
– Her older sister Olivia worked in South Korea as a child model and singer.
– She revealed that one of her embarrassing moments was when she mistakenly raised her hand in the assembly when the school was looking for a culprit that had drawn on a fellow classmate’s lunchbox without permission. She was little and couldn’t explain herself and later cried at home.
– If she were not an idol, Danielle would be interested in being a vlogger or any job that allows her to express her creativity.
– Danielle shared the room with Minji and Hyein when she debuted.
– She has a pet dog named Jinny.
– She is a Protestant Christian.
– Her mother is six years older than her father.
– If she were an athlete, she would choose swimming, horse riding, and rollerblading as her sports.
– Minji often tells her to eat well.
– She wants to start a surfing club with Hanni because she loves surfing.
– She likes drawing, painting, listening to music, swimming, and talking with the members in her free time.
– The three things that make her the happiest is when she is spending time with group members, connecting with her older sister and parents through phone calls, and eating delicious food with someone she likes. (Vogue Korea Interview)
– She worked as a child model and TV personality under the stage name MO Jihye from 2010-2012 and appeared in various advertisements and TV shows including ‘Rainbow Kindergarten’, ‘Jessie’s Play Kitchen’ and ‘Hello Yoga Kids”.
– She auditioned and passed the PLUS GLOBAL AUDITION in September 2019 held by Source Music and HYBE.
– She joined Source Music in 2020 and trained for two years starting from her third year in middle school.
– She worked as a special MC for SBS Inkigayo in January 2023.
– She participated as a lyricist and composer for the song “Attention” (NewJeans).
– She made the Korean voice dub for “The Little Mermaid” in 2023.
Magazines & Endorsements
– Danielle was featured in the magazines “VOGUE Korea”, “W Korea” and “DAZED KOREA”.
– She was appointed as the brand ambassador for “Burberry” and “YSL Beauty” in 2023.
– She became a global ambassador for BURBERRY just six months after her debut.
Likes & Dislikes
– She loves to watch Disney movies, such as Bridge to Terabithia, and Bambi.
– “Sunshine,” “Orphic,” and “Lu Lu” are her favorite words.
– She dislikes spiders and apples that aren’t crunchy, like Hanni.
– She prefers dogs over cats.
– Her favorite Disney princesses are Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel, especially Belle.
– For future activities with the members, Danielle would like to go on a picnic, visit amusement parks, perform on stage, go camping, and cook together.
– She enjoys shopping, swimming, being around animals, camping, paragliding, sunflowers, and watching sunsets.
– Pucca hair is her favorite hairstyle.
– When lounging at home, she recommends watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Little Princess, and The Secret Garden.
– In the event of a zombie apocalypse, she would choose to become a zombie.
– If she were in the world of Harry Potter, she would like to be in Gryffindor House.
– Her favorite part in the song “Cookie” is “숨기고 있지만 널 더 보고 싶어” (Hiding, but I want to see you more).
– Danielle’s favorite color is yellow, but she also likes bright colors in general.
– She likes spring and fall seasons.
– Her favorite animal is Koala.
– She enjoys the soft peach flavor and considers taiyaki’s red bean filling as her favorite.
– She likes mint chocolate.
– She doesn’t enjoy Hawaiian Pizza.
– Cabbage, carrots and zucchini are among her favorite vegetables.
– Milk is her favorite drink, and she generally likes all types of tea.
– She eats apples with their peel for nutrients.
– Danielle loves to drink hot chocolate, especially dark hot chocolate.
– Her favorite foods include the ones her mom makes, Korean food, vegetables, and fruits.
– Dark Choco Knight is her favorite flavor at Baskin Robbins.
– She has several nicknames, such as Dani, Dani Ariel, Mo Dani, Sunflower, Marshmallow Danielle, and Pucca Danielle.
– She is nicknamed “Sunflower” and often uses the emoji in her posts.
– Her favorite nickname is “Dani”.
– Danielle is fluent in both English and Korean.
– She has been swimming since a young age and has a lot of experience in the sport.
– She has a talent for making various shapes with her tongue, such as a flower shape.
– She is considered one of the most flexible members of the group.
– Her specialty is composing, drawing and hugging.
Personality & Habits
– She has a habit of loudly laughing and sighing before going on stage.
– In Rainbow Kindergarten, she showed kindness by allowing a boy to sleep with his head on her shoulder, staying still until the boy woke up to prevent any discomfort.
– She has a habit of raising her eyebrows when she is thinking.
– Among the members, Danielle is known for coming up with the most outlandish ideas.
– She doesn’t often get angry.
– Her bedtime routine is moisturizing her hands and feet, placing a warmer on her stomach, turning on the humidifier, and wearing a silk scarf given by her mother and socks.
– She is sociable, affectionate, and has a lot of aegyo (cute behavior) according to her mother.
– She is considered the member who takes care of her skin and beauty a lot often taking supplements and eating healthy food.
– She has the habit of wearing socks before going to sleep.
Social Media Handles
FanCafe: cafe.daum.net (inactive)
Streaming Platform Links
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!
‘Hype Boy’ Danielle & Haerin’s Version: