Yves (이브) is a South Korean singer under Nine Music. She is a member of the Kpop girl group LOONA and its sub-unit yyxy.
Yves (LOONA) Profile
|Stage Name||Yves (이브)|
|Birth Name||Ha SooYoung (하수영)|
|Birthday||May 24, 1997|
|Age||26 years old (in May 2023)|
|Height||166 cm (5’5”)|
|Weight||45 kg (99 lbs)|
Yves (LOONA) Facts
– Yves was born in Busan, South Korea, and later moved to Yangsan, Gyeongsang Province for elementary school.
– She attended Hyoam Private High School in Yangsan.
– Yves had to travel long hours for her vocal and dance academy, with her vocal academy being 2 hours away from home and the dance academy being an hour away.
– She is the second oldest member of LOONA and the leader of the sub-unit yyxy.
– Her name “Yves” is French and it means “yew.”
– She considers her family, LOONA, chicken feet, and spicy rice cakes as her most favorite things.
– Prior to her debut, Yves was part of the dance cover group E:Na and appeared in DPOP for a cover of Twice’s song.
– Her family consists of her father, mother, and sister, Ha Su-min (born in 1996).
– Her favorite subjects in school were Korean, English, and Economics.
– She prefers to be called Sooyoung.
– Yves has an interest in MBTI, meditation, learning how to be a good unnie (older sister), and oriental medicine. (2020 Weekly Idol)
– She likes to read in her free time.
– Yves is very ambitious and likes to win.
– She hates horror movies.
– She had to keep her LOONA debut a secret from acquaintances.
– According to Hyeju, her charm point is her sense of humor.
– She had the third shortest training period among all the members, after Gowon and Hyeju.
– Chuu thought Yves was really pretty when she first saw her.
– She sold 155 albums on her first day (Hanteo).
– Her least favorite subjects were Earth Science, Ethics, and Ideology.
– Her interest in singing was sparked by watching the girl group “Wonder Girls” perform their debut stage “Irony” in 2007.
– She is not a morning person.
– An acquaintance mistook her fan account for an impersonation after her reveal.
– The essential items she always carried in her school backpack were sunscreen, books, a pencil case, sheet music, a transit card, and contacts.
– She came up with her sister’s stage name, Min!n’.
– She enjoys taking selfies with her managers during her free time.
– She used to wink a lot to look pretty, but it became a habit, and she now winks in normal conversations out of habit. (Fact in Star)
– Her most memorable memories from school days were playing home shopping games during class without the teacher knowing with friends, drawing eyebrows for a friend who doesn’t have them, and “a chase of horror against the homeroom teacher during a retreat.
– Her hobbies include songwriting, kicking Gowon’s bed, observing the members, humming, reading, teasing children, dancing, shopping, and listening to meditation music.
– If she could have a superpower, Yves would choose invisibility to hide when she’s embarrassed. (BRISxLIFE’s Interview)
– Yves has a pet Shih Tzu named Haneul.
– Her mother, who runs a clothing shop, plays LOONA’s songs to showcase her daughter’s work.
– She shared a room with Chuu, Gowon, and Hyeju.
– Her motto is: “Let’s be thankful for everything and not have regrets!” (2020 Weekly Idol)
– Yves and Chuu first met at an academy where Yves initially thought Chuu was a timid and shy kid. They became friends and even did a cameo together in a web series. (180830 LOONA fansign)
– She often used to listen to Crush’s medley song with a friend during nighttime study hall during her school days.
– Yves refers to herself as ‘LOONA’s Baby Apple’ (VLIVE 190904).
– Suzy and Sunmi are her role models.
– She is friends with Street Woman Fighter contestant and dancer Rozalin.
– If given the choice, she would choose Gowon’s “One & Only” as her solo song.
– During her time on her high school Dance Team, she had to keep this secret from her mom.
– Her name is pronounced as ‘Eve.’
– To make up for her extracurricular activities, she studied hard and placed 11th in her school.
– Her representative color is burgundy, and her representative animal is a swan in LOONA.
– She apparently appeared in LOONA ODD EYE CIRCLE’s “Girl Front” music video.
– She is in the subunits yyxy, and Not Friends Unit.
– She is also the leader of the subunit yyxy.
– Yves made her debut under LOONA with the song “new” on November 27, 2017.
– She attended Dream Vocal & Dance Academy in Gangnam, Seoul.
– She participated in the MBC singing competition program “King of Masked Singer” as a contestant named ‘Little Yuza Tea’ and passed the first round.
– She was a trainee for a short period of 3 weeks.
– She participated in writing the lyrics for the song “Playback” in 2022.
– Yves was a trainee under Hunus Entertainment before her debut.
– Before her debut, she worked as a model for the clothing brand MariShe.
– She is the dancer, vocalist, and rapper in LOONA.
– After winning the lawsuit, it was announced that she had terminated her contract with BBC on June 16, 2023.
Likes & Dislikes
– Yves has a liking for everyone, animals, her dog, and enjoys spicy food.
– Her favorite movie is “Josee, the Tiger and the Fish.”
– She dislikes the cold and enjoys the summer.
– Among flowers, lotus is her favorite.
– She dislikes cold hair, fallen hair, and knocking in the morning.
– She has a preference for wearing crop tees and hip hop style clothes.
– Yves likes strawberry ade and macarons.
– She enjoys eating fries.
– When ordering tteokbokki, she always chooses the spiciest option.
– She prefers half-boiled eggs.
– She enjoys spicy food and hot pot/shabu shabu, along with Kim Lip and Go Won.
– Her favorite Baskin Robbins’ flavors include “Mom is an Alien,” “New York Cheesecake,” and “Chocolate Forest.”
– She dislikes mint chocolate ice cream.
– She likes to drink carbonated drinks.
– Yves likes her eggs sunny side up.
– Her nicknames include Ha Ibeu (Yves), Ibeu Day (Yves), Eevie, Sugu, Soobong-i, Ha Soo, Topema (by Go Won), Soft/Squishy Jaguar, and Sooyooe (by her friends).
– She speaks fluent Korean, has minimal knowledge of English, and is learning Japanese.
– Her weaknesses are sunfish, crying easily, and having a weak stomach. (2020 Weekly Idol)
– She is known as the best cook in LOONA.
– She can learn complex dances in just one day.
– Yves is skilled at writing.
– She scored 765 points on the punch machine.
– She can play the piano.
Personality & Habits
– Her MBTI is INFJ.
– Yves is known for her friendly and approachable personality.
– According to Yeojin, her personality is warmhearted, kind, very delicate, and innocent.
– Her personality is described as passionate, easy-going, a good comforter, a good listener, and someone who can be easily hurt.
– She considers herself the funniest member of LOONA.
– She is highly sensitive and easily moved to tears.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
NOTE: If you know more facts about Yves (LOONA), feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!