Kang Hyung Ho (강형호), also known as PITTA, is a South Korean singer and a member of the crossover group Forestella. He made his solo debut with the single “Universe” on October 29, 2020 under Arts & Artists.
Stage Name: Hyungho (형호)
Birth Name: Kang Hyung Ho (강형호)
Birthday: March 8, 1988
Age: 35 (in 2023)
Active Years: 6
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height: 179cm (5’8”)
Blood Type: AB
Kang Hyung Ho Facts:
– He was born in Busan, South Korea.
– He graduated from Busan University, majoring in Chemical Engineering.
– He enjoyed singing as a child and wanted to study performing arts in high school but later dropped the idea because of the strong opposition from his parents.
– Kang Hyung-ho lives in Seocho- gu, Seoul.
– His family consists of his parents and younger sister.
– He used to be a vocalist in a band.
– He has many nicknames, including “Christine Kang,”,”Silla’s Smile”, “Kang Dae-ri” “Piyo,” “Kangtomi,” “hanggo,” and “little bird.”
– His representative element is fire.
– His voice type is Rock, Tenor, Falsetto, and Sopranist.
– He can play the guitar and bass.
– He is jokingly called “Kang daeri” by his group members.
– He did not have any entertainment background.
– Cho Min Kyu said that he was the one that inspired the group’s name.
– As a chemical engineer, he also published chemical papers at chemical engineering conferences.
– He is the most disciplined member of the team.
– Kang Hyung Ho cries a lot and once made a 50,000-won bet with his friends that he wouldn’t cry at concerts. He lost the money.
– He is a fan of Kim Kyung-ho.
– He was on a social baseball team when he was working in the office.
– He is a fan of the Lotte Giants.
– His MBTI is ESFJ.
– He makes music in the rock genre.
– He always dreamed of performing in a concert as a child.
– He revealed in an interview that his mother was so concerned about his decision to pursue music that she prayed that he would get eliminated in The Phantom Singer.
– He comes from a very conservative background, and his mother always emphasized the role of the oldest son in the family.
– His mother started supporting him after he won the show and is now his biggest supporter.
– He has a strong Busan dialect.
– He was not a big fan of desserts, but after meeting Cho Mingyu, he began searching for desserts and bread on his own.
– He used to commute between Busan and Seoul to appear on Phantom Singer 2.
– He completed his mandatory military service and served as an Army sergeant.
– He is a fan of Kim Kyung-ho.
– His favorite rock band is Flower.
– Kang Hyung Ho enjoys listening to rock music.
– He is the vocalist in the group Forestella.
– He is under the agency Arts & Artists.
– Kang Hyung Ho debuted as a soloist under the stage name PITTA.
– He worked as a researcher for Lotte BP.
– In college, he and his friends formed a band called PITTA and occasionally performed even after becoming working professionals.
– In 2016, he won the Busan Amateur Band Competition with his band PITTA.
– He was about to give up on music but auditioned for Phantom Singer 2 because he didn’t want to have any regrets.
– During his audition, he performed the song “The Phantom of the Opera” from the eponymous musical, and the clip went viral on Naver, which attracted millions of views.
– He released his first EP, “ID: PITTA,” on November 10, 2021.
– He appeared in episode 237 of King Of Masked Singer in 2020.
– He was known as a local celebrity after winning an award with his former band PITTA.
– He took a year’s leave from his company to participate in the Phantom Singer 2 with the option to return should he fail in the show.
– Kang Hyung Ho is also a lyricist and composer.
– His first performance, “ID: PITTA,” as a soloist was on November 13, 2021, in Seoul.
– In 2020, he appeared in the MBN music show “Lotte Singer.”
– Kang Hyung Ho released his latest single, “CARPE DIEM,” on March 8, 2023.
– His popular songs include “The Nation,” “dandelion,” “Persona,” and “lcarus.”
– He worked on his first solo album, “ID: PITTA,” for 2 years.