Lee Hyun (이현) is a South korean Kpop singer-songwriter under Big Hit Music. He made his solo debut on September 9, 2009 with the single “30 Minutes Ago” (30분전). He is also known as MIDNATT. He was a member of the co-ed group “8eight” and the duo “Homme”.
Stage Name: Lee Hyun (이현)
Birth Name: Lee Hyun (이현)
Birthday: November 8, 1983
Age: 40 (in 2023)
Active Years: 2007–present
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 64 kg (141 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Lee Hyun Facts:
– Lee Hyun was born in Gwangju, South Korea.
– He is from Suncheon, Jeollanam- do, South Korea.
– He spent most of his childhood in Goheung, Jeollanam-do.
– He graduated from Suncheon High School.
– He was studying Political Science at Chonnam National University when he decided to drop out.
– He wanted to join the guitar club and sang “I Believe I Can Fly” but his senior said he did not belong there.
– Lee Hyun was actually born on November 9 instead of 8 but his father mistakenly thought that since his son was born at 2:00 am it meant the day before, and reported his birth on the 8th.
– Lee Hyun has two older sisters.
– He met Bang Si-hyuk for the first time when Bang Si-hyuk was working as JYP Entertainment’s internal producer.
– He is close with the comedian Kim Tae-won.
– He is a fan of Son Naeun from Apink.
– Bang Si-hyuk sent him to the graduate school of business for studies but he quit after attending one semester because it didn’t suit him.
– He has the nickname “Big Hit’s Jeong Do-jeon” because he is the most senior singer in the company.
– He is close with BTS and Mio.
– He has a close friendship with K.Will.
– He revealed that he is good at dancing.
– He revealed that he wanted to sing solo after he saw that Bang Si-hyuk had composed the song “Like Being Hit By a Bullet” for Baek Ji-young but he couldn’t say he wanted to sing that song. He even asked the fan club members to ask him to give that song to Lee Hyun.
– He is a fan of the KIA Tigers.
– Lee Hyun enlisted in the military in October 2012 and served as an active soldier for 21 months.
– He joined Big Hit as a trainee in 2005, the same year the company was founded and was the company’s first singer.
– He made his debut in 2007 as a member of the co-ed vocal group “8eight” (disbanded in 2014).
– He was in a duo “Homme” with Changmin from 2AM (2010-2018).
– On September 9, 2009, he released his first single “30분전” (“30 Minutes Ago”) with Lim Jeong-hee.
– Lee Hyun has won the show “King of Masked Singers” four times.
– In 2012, he released his first studio album “The Healing Echo”.
– Bang Si-hyuk composed his first song “30 Minutes Ago”.
– His popular songs include “Will there be a next time”, “Because it’s You”, “When I Close My Eyes” and “You Are Here”.
– He released the OST “Only You” for Eve Pt.4.
– He worked with BTS on the “BTS World: Original Soundtrack” in June 2019 and sang the song “Here I Am”.
– Lee Hyun made a comeback with his group 8eight six years after their disbandment and released the single “Without A Heart” for the group’s 10th anniversary on February 7, 2021.
Appearances & Participations
– He was cast in the military musical “The Promise” with other artists like Yoon Hak (Supernova), and Leeteuk (Super Junior) among others.
– He participated in the singing shows “The King of Mask Singer” and “Let’s Go! Dream Team Season 2”.
– He appeared in the faux-reality show “Muziekwang Company (2021)”.
– He participated in the JTBC’s show “Begin Again Open Mic” in April 2022.
– In 2023, Lee Hyun was a guest in the show “I Can See Your Voice Season 10” Episode 8.
– HYBE Entertainment launched the AI alter ego of him named MIDNATT on May 15, 2023.
– MIDNATT released the single “Masquerade” in six languages (Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, English and Spanish).
Agency Profile: leehyun
Social Media Handles
Streaming Platform Links