LØREN (로렌) is a South Korean K-Pop Singer, Producer, Songwriter, and a DJ under YG Entertainment’s subsidiary “The Black Label”. He made his solo debut on November 13th, 2020 with his first single “Empty Trash”.
|Birth Name||Lee Seungjoo (이승주)|
|Occupation||Singer, DJ, Producer, Songwriter|
|Birthday||January 10th, 1995|
|Age||28 (in Jan 2023)|
|Height||188 cm (6’2”)|
– LØREN was born in South Korea.
– He was exposed to rock music while growing up.
– At a young age, he moved from South Korea to Singapore, attended an American International School, and learned English.
– He was born into a very conservative family.
– His haircuts were also according to his grandparents.
– He has a younger sister.
– He was previously known as cawlr before adopting the stage name LØREN.
– His stage name “LØREN” was inspired by a tattoo on his chest that reads ‘LONER.’
– He is the son of Haejin Lee, the founder of Naver.
– He got an electric guitar at the age of 13 as his first musical instrument.
– His fandom name is LØNER.
– He was present during the shooting of BLACKPINK‘s “Ice Cream” music video.
– He stumbled into drumming when he volunteered to learn percussion in school.
– After high school, he went to Japan for Liberal Studies at college but dropped out during his second year.
– He didn’t have many friends during his school years.
– The inspiration behind his video for “Folks” was to illustrate how people are quick to judge based on appearances and how obstacles can hinder one’s true self-expression.
– As a child, he couldn’t afford YSL (Yves Saint Laurent) products.
– He is a dedicated fan of BIGBANG and frequently revisits their songs.
– When watching BIGBANG’s music videos, he takes notes on what made them special and unique.
– He has been a fan of BLACKPINK, known as a BLINK, since before his debut.
– He became a drummer in the school’s jazz band and developed a deep passion for drumming, even buying his own drum set.
– LØREN is skilled at playing the guitar and drums.
– He is bilingual, fluent in both Korean and English.
– He has close relationships with artists from YG Entertainment and THEBLACKLABEL, including Taeyang, Okasian, Teddy, Harin Lee, Vince, R.Tee, Lee Soohyuk, Rosé, and Lisa.
– LØREN is also a DJ, performing under the names cawlr and DJ Boid.
– He made his debut on November 13, 2020, with the release of his song “Empty Trash.”
– He made his public debut through an Instagram Live session with BLACKPINK’s Rosé.
– He established his own label called Fire Exit Records under YG Entertainment.
– LØREN contributed to the lyrics of BLACKPINK’s songs “Lovesick Girls,” “Pretty Savage,” and “You Never Know.”
– In March 2023, he announced his debut EP titled “Put Up A Fight” and signed with the recording label 88rising. He would collaborate with The Black Label for this project.
– He had experience as a model for W Korea.
– LØREN was also announced as part of the lineup for Coachella in 2023, marking his first appearance at the festival.
– He appeared in BLACKPINK’s “Lovesick Girls” music video.
– In 2023, he was interviewed by Billboard on their YouTube Channel.
– He produced a song for G-DRAGON.
– LØREN played the drums for BLACKPINK’s “You Never Know.”
– Fashion brand Saint Laurent selected him as a model and representative for their 2022 Eyewear Campaign.
– He was featured on the cover of Dazed Korea’s March 2022 issue alongside Rosé, with a total of eight different covers featuring the pair wearing Yves Saint Laurent’s latest collection.
– His most popular songs include; “ALL MY FRIENDS ARE TURNING BLUE”, “NEED (ooo-eee)”, and “Panic”.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES