Sangyeon (상연) is a South Korean singer and a member of the K-pop boy group “The Boyz” under IST Entertainment.
Sangyeon (The Boyz) Profile
|Stage Name||Sangyeon (상연)|
|Birth Name||Lee Sang Yeon (이상연)|
|Birthday||November 4th, 1996|
|Age||26 (in Nov 2023)|
|Height||176 cm (5’9″)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lbs)|
Sangyeon (The Boyz) Facts:
– He went to Seoul Gadong Elementary School and Songpa Middle School.
– He hails from Seoul, South Korea.
– He went to Hanlim Art High School and graduated from the Digital Sound Contents Department.
– He grew up listening to a lot R&B, such as Eric Benét and Brian McKnight. (refinery29)
– He has an older sister.
– He would like to collaborate with EXO’s D.O because he likes his voice. (Soompi)
– He is like the “father” of his group.
– A song he wants to cover is “Isn’t She Lovely?” by Stevie Wonder. (hello82)
– He can do funny imitations of actors from old TV shows and movies.
– He also thinks his best era was 2018’s “No Air”. (Teen Vogue)
– He is Catholic, and his Christian name is Tobiah.
– The lesson he’s learned from his professional life is “No pain, no gain”. (Seventeen)
– His shoe size is 260 centimeters.
– His go-to night snack is Chicken.
– According to Chinese zodiac signs, he’s a rat.
– Advice he would give his younger self is “Don’t forget why you started”. (Elle)
– When he was on a school trip in middle school, he won a contest where boys dressed up as girls. His classmates gave him a wig and makeup because they thought he would look pretty.
– He used to be shy during school.
– He is a fan of actor Ma Dong Seok.
– One day, when he was really hungry after school, he bought a rice burger and got noticed by a casting director, who gave him a business card.
– If he had to choose one comeback style to wear forever, he would choose “No Air” because the pants were baggy so it was comfortable. (allure)
– If he had to erase something from existence, he would choose his memory. (hello82)
– He is friends with Longguo.
– His hobby is photography and he loves classic film cameras. (refinery29)
– Sangyeon’s ideal type is someone who is kind-hearted.
– As a team, his goal is to get to a place where everyone recognizes them and as an individual, his goal is to build up his career so that he can showcase his talents as much as possible. (Fault Magazine)
– Sangyeon has the position of Leader and Main Vocalist in The Boyz.
– He debuted on December 6th, 2017 as a member of “The Boyz”.
– He was on a show called “NCT Night Night.”
– He had been involved in writing the lyrics of some songs including “I’m Your Boy”, “Just U”, and “Clover”.
– He appeared in music videos for Melody Day’s “You Seem Busy” and Ailee’s “If You.”
Likes & Dislikes:
– His least favorite song to perform is “Whiplash”
– His favorite emoticon is the Kakaotalk emoticon of Loopy being angry. (Elle)
– In his free time, he enjoys snowboarding, driving, and making music.
– He doesn’t like sashimi.
– His favorite fashion items are a Team ring and a hat. (Soompi)
– In school, he enjoyed his language class a lot.
– The controversy stemmed from a dance practice session in which Sangyeon was accused of using a sexually explicit term that originated in the Japanese language during colonial rule and is considered offensive as it refers to oral sexual activity. (allkpop)
– In response to the criticism and attention surrounding the issue, Sangyeon addressed the matter on Bubble, a social media platform. He clarified that he did not use that word and expressed his desire to set the record straight. He mentioned that he removed the word because there seemed to be a misunderstanding. He also expressed his intention to focus on the group’s comeback and apologized for causing concern and difficulty to fans.
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!