FreeZia also known as Song Jia is a YouTuber, fashion influencer, and model. She is under the Sublime Artist Agency.
|Stage Name||FreeZia | Song Jia|
|Birth Name||Song Hyeonji (송현지)|
|Birthday||April 30, 1996|
|Age||27 (in Apr 2023)|
|Height||163 cm (5’4″)|
|Weight||43 kg (94 lbs)|
– Freezia was born and raised in Busan, South Korea.
– She went to Busan Arts High School.
– She lived in Busan until high school and relocated to Seoul for college.
– She graduated from Hanyang University’s Korean Contemporary Dance Department.
– Freezia legally changed her birthname Song Hyeonji (송현지) to Song Zi A.
– Her fandom name is “Pringies”.
– She is often compared to Wonyoung (IVE), and the hosts of Video Star have noted her resemblance to BLACKPINK‘s Jennie.
– When asked about celebrities showing interest in her on Video Star, she mentioned that they do.
– Her first Instagram post dates back to November 2015 and features a selfie with a friend.
– Her catchphrase is “Busan’s Hot Girl.”
– In one of her popular vlogs, she swaps clothing with a friend, and gained over 1 million views.
– She has over 5 million followers on her Instagram.
– She admitted that she had a nose job during her second year of high school.
– Freezia first joined YouTube on August 23, 2019, and published her first video on September 5, 2019, on her channel “free지아”.
– She also participated in Singles Inferno Season 1.
– As a content creator, she was famous for her vlogs on her “free지아” YouTube channel, primarily focusing on fashion and cooking. Her old channel is currently inactive.
– She appeared as a guest in many programs including “Knowing Bros”, “Get It Beauty 2021”, “Chuu Can Do It Season 1”, “Crazy Recipe Adventure” and “Golf Battle: Birdie Buddies 3”.
– As of August 2023, she has 2.31 million subscribers on her “free지아” YouTube channel.
– She created a new channel called “THE FREEZIA” and uploads her new videos there.
– She parted ways with Hyowon CNC earlier in 2023 following the expiration of her contract.
– On May 10, 2023, it was officially announced that she signed an exclusive contract with Sublime Artist Agency.
Rise to Fame After Participating In “Singles Inferno”
– Prior to her appearance on the show, Freezia was already a well-known social media influencer in South Korea. However, her popularity experienced a significant boost following her debut on Netflix’s “Singles Inferno”. She amassed a following of 3.7 million on Instagram and nearly two million on YouTube.
– She quickly rose to fame and starred in the web series “Follow Me: Truth of Taste” alongside K-Pop stars such as Pentagon’s Kino and Kwon Eun-bi, among others.
– During her participation in “Single’s Inferno,” she faced criticism from viewers for wearing counterfeit designer clothing on the program. In response to this backlash, Netflix took action by removing the scenes featuring the fake clothing. Subsequently, she posted a lengthy apology letter on her Instagram, addressing both the brands and her fans.
Fake Luxury Goods Controversy
– On January 17, 2022, Freezia admitted on her Instagram page that the suspicions regarding counterfeit goods were indeed true. She subsequently removed the clips featuring these items from her social media accounts, including her YouTube channel.
– On January 25, she posted a video on her YouTube channel, FreeZia, in which she issued an apology for the controversy she had stirred up. She acknowledged that she had started purchasing counterfeit products and, as people liked her appearance with these items, she continued featuring them to generate more reactions.
– She appealed to people not to criticize her family or acquaintances, emphasizing that she alone was responsible for her actions. She declared her intention to close all her social media channels to engage in self-reflection and to take responsibility for her mistakes.
– A week after her initial apology, she posted another video expressing her deep regret for her actions.
– After the controversy, numerous Korean TV shows took action by editing out her cameo appearances from their episodes. Furthermore, her celebrity friends, as well as other actors and influencers deleted their Instagram photos that featured them hanging out with her.