Hyunjin (현진) is a South Korean rapper, singer-songwriter and a member of the boy group Stray Kids under JYP Entertainment. He is a member of the subunit Dance Racha.
Hyunjin (Stray Kids) Profile
|Stage Name||Hyunjin (현진)|
|Birth Name||Hwang Hyun Jin (황현진)|
|Occupation||Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, MC|
|Birthday||March 20, 2000|
|Age||23 (in 2023)|
|Height||179 cm (5’10.5″)|
Hyunjin (Stray Kids) Facts:
– Hyunjin was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– During his early years, he spent some time in Las Vegas, attending kindergarten there and going by the name Sam at that time.
– He is an only child.
– His name was given by his grandfather. (Nylon Japan 2023)
– He attended SOPA (School of Performing Arts) in Seoul, specializing in Practical Dance and graduating in February 2019.
– His representative emoji is ferret.
– He tried bowling for the first time with Changbin in 2023. (Seventeen)
– He considers his lips as his charming point.
– He likes to organize both his desktop apps and smartphone apps.
– During his childhood, Hyunjin was called “Jinnie”.
– He owns a dog named Kkami, whom he has raised since he was 16. He also had a previous dog named Kkomi who passed away before he had Kkami.
– He is allergic to cat fur.
– To refresh when work is busy or things aren’t going well, he enjoys feeling the breeze at the Han river.
– He started sketching as a way to destress himself. (GQ Interview)
– He thinks I.N is a good listener and he feels healed just by listening to him. (25ans Magazine Interview)
– He likes bowling. (25ans Interview)
– To combat insomnia, he tends to eat something sweet and then tries to fall asleep. (Nylon Japan 2023)
– He thinks he moves a lot during sleep.
– His hobbies include dancing, reading books, and playing sports.
– He is skilled at drawing using various techniques.
– He prefers to eat a lot in the morning and usually stops eating after 4 pm.
– Hyunjin shared that Lee Know easily gets lonely, and he often receives messages from him to go somewhere together. (Nylon Japan 2023)
– Something he’ll never regret is meeting Stays. (Seventeen Interview)
– Friends and classmates often call him the “Prince” because of his handsome looks and talent.
– He is friends with Younghoon of The Boyz, Bomin of Golden Child, and Daehwi of AB6IX.
– In the previous dorm, he, Bang Chan, Lee Know, and Seungmin used to share a room.
– The impression of any member that has changed the most since he first met is Seungmin. (25ans Magazine Interview)
– He has the loudest alarm in the dorm and I.N usually hears it and goes into his room to wake him up.
– His motto is “Let’s try even when you regret it later.”
– GOT7‘s Jinyoung is his role model.
– Hyunjin’s ideal type is someone who would listen to his worries well and can empathize with them as if they were her own worries.
– Hyunjin is the rapper and dancer in Stray Kids.
– He made a cameo appearance in the Web drama “A-Teen Season 2” episode 16 (2019) alongside I.N.
– He ranked 36th on TC Candler’s “100 Most Handsome Faces of 2020.”
– He was chosen as Studio Choom’s Artist of the Month for October 2021.
– He trained for a period of two years.
Likes & Dislikes
– His favorite season is autumn.
– His favorite number is 8.
– He likes to eat rice topped with eel.
– Sushi is his favorite food.
– Watermelon is his favorite fruit.
– He cannot eat onions, carrots, or eggplants.
– His favorite killing part in a song is his rap in “Grow Up,” which was written by Han.
– His favorite colors are blue and pink. (VLive “DJ Ret #2”)
Personality & Habits
– I.N mentioned that Hyunjin cries the most among all the Stray Kids members.
– He believes that there should be moments when should be alone without their phones to shut out the information and spend time peacefully. (Harper’s BAZAAR)
– He is known to be the hardest to wake up among the members.
– According to Changbin, Hyunjin is the most different on-stage and off-stage. (Nylon Japan)
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
Hyunjin (Stray Kids) Photos
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section!
‘락 (樂) (LALALALA)’ Fancam – Hyunjin: