Lia (리아) is a South Korean singer and a member of the girl group “Itzy” under JYP Entertainment.
Lia (Itzy) Profile
|Stage Name||Lia (리아)|
|Birth Name||Choi Ji Su (최지수)|
|Birthday||July 21st, 2000|
|Age||23 (in July 2023)|
|Height||162.3 cm (5’3”)|
|Weight||43 kg (94 lbs)|
Lia (Itzy) Facts:
– Lia hails from Bucheon, South Korea.
– Her educational journey included Incheon Sinsong Elementary School (graduated), Shinsong Middle School (transferred), Northern College Eight School Jeju (transferred), Shinsong Middle School (graduated), and Seoul Performing Arts High School in the department of Practical Music (SOPA / graduated).
– She has lived in Toronto, Canada, in the past.
– She is fluent in both Korean and English.
– Her family consists of her parents (with her mom being her role model) and a younger brother.
– Her mother is a highschool music teacher.
– Among her nicknames are Honey Lia, Cinnamon Lia, and Ariana Grande.
– She shares her birth name with Jisu from TO1.
– She gets motion sickness easily. (ELLE Korea)
– Lia shares her birthday with Aisha from Everglow.
– She shares her room with Yuna.
– Her role model is Ariana Grande.
– Her representative color is Light Green.
– She is someone who gets comfort from music. (ELLE Korea)
– She uses Iphone 13 Pro in Graphite color.
– Fans have noted her resemblance to a mix of Blackpink’s Jisoo and Red Velvet’s Irene.
– She is a dog owner and has a puppy named Bella.
– She also liked the songs from the show “High School Musical”. (ELLE Korea)
– She recovers easily from setbacks and moves on so she got nicknamed “Lia-just-goes-for-it”. (ELLE Korea)
– She loves the song “Bag of You” by Mahalia. (ELLE Korea)
– She keeps Wooden Roller, Holos therapy, ReFa, Bio Aroma oil in her bag.
– Among the ITZY members, Lia feels most comfortable with Chaeryeong.
– Her stage name is derived from her English name “Julia,” which was given to her by her aunt.
– Lia became part of JYP’s new girl group on January 20, 2019. She debuted as an ITZY member on February 12 of the same year after more than two years of training.
– She had the opportunity to become an SM Entertainment trainee, as she passed the audition, but she didn’t sign with them.
– She received vocal training at Dream Vocal Academy.
– She participated in the OST “Blue Flower” from the drama Alchemy of Souls 2.
– She also participated in the OST “Always Be Your Star” from the drama Red Sleeves.
Likes & Dislikes:
– Lia’s favorite color is baby blue.
– She doesn’t like artificial floral fragrance.
– Among her hobbies are shopping and listening to music.
– Her favorite TV series is Gossip Girl. (Vanity Fair)
– Her favorite nickname she got is “LoveLia”. (Vanity Fair)
– She thinks korean cucumbers tastes like electricity and hates it.
– She really likes mint choco.
– She hates sesame leaves.
– Her preferred foods include fruits, pasta, and both Korean and Western cuisine.
– She really likes honey.
– She can’t eat raw fish.
– She is a fan of MARVEL, as indicated during a Tumblr Q&A where she discussed MARVEL characters with Yeji. She also mentioned Avengers: Endgame in a VLive when discussing their chosen English names for each other.
– Her favorite item is her All Star Dainty Mule Black converse. (ELLE Korea)
– On July 28th 2021, She was accused of school bullying by two anonymous poster in an online community. These posters were found not guilty in several cases of defamation brought upon by JYP Entertainment. JYP Entertainment disputed the allegations and took legal action against the accuser.
– On July 19th 2022, Lia came under fire once again due to her remarks regarding Chaeryeong. She exclaimed that Chaeryeong would never be ‘Fair or Sexy” if she got a tan. Many netizens pointed out her remark as colorist. However, she apologized for her choice of words.
– In January 2020, she participated in Gmarket Global Shop’s “Give Love” campaign for donation and donated about 20 million won to The Hope Bridge National Disaster Relief Association.
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!