Mark (마크) is a Taiwanese-American rapper and singer-songwriter under the Creative Artists Agency. He is a member of the boy group GOT7. He debuted solo on January 11, 2020, with the digital single “Outta My Head”.
Mark (GOT7) Profile
|Stage Name||Mark (마크)|
|Birth Name||Mark Yi En Tuan (段宜恩)|
|Korean Name||Dong Yi Eun (동의은)|
|English Name||Mark Tuan|
|Birthday||September 4, 1993|
|Age||30 (in 2023)|
|Height||175 cm (5’9″)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lbs)|
Mark (GOT7) Facts:
– Mark was born in Los Angeles, California, United States.
– He lived in Brazil and Paraguay for a few years and then moved back to California.
– He dropped out of Arcadia High School and gained a 10th-grade certificate.
– His family includes his mom, dad, two older sisters, and one younger brother.
– Mark initially had no interest in becoming a singer; he auditioned because his school and parents encouraged him.
– His mom told him he has Irish blood from past generations.
– His representative emoji is a Rabbit (🐰).
– He doesn’t have a house in Korea, and lives in an Airbnb with friends when he goes there. (Harper’s Bazaar)
– When he does home training, he does push-ups and dips. (Esquire Korea)
– He is close to BTOB‘s Peniel, BTS‘s V, Monsta X‘s Minhyuk, and f(x)’s Amber.
– The things that heal him when he is having a hard time are music, people, friends and family. (Harper’s Bazaar)
– He raised a dog named Coco with Youngjae and is currently raising a dog named Milo.
– His biggest fear is bugs, especially any insect with wings and more than 6 legs.
– He and Jackson often spoke in their own mix of Korean, English, and Mandarin when sharing a room.
– The hardest thing he had to overcome in his life was the training process because he had no musical background, he didn’t know how to dance and he couldn’t speak Korean. (Cosmopolitan)
– His father, Papa Tuan, (Raymond Tuan) has a Twitter account (@linbea945) where he playfully interacts with Mark’s fans and anti-fans.
– He had a skater phase when he was young and he used to skate all the time.
– The thing he is most proud of in his life is debuting as a member of Got7.
– The song that he will always have a special affection for is “last breath”. (Cosmopolitan)
– After moving back to America, when his contract ended, he thought about dropping his music career. (Cosmopolitan)
– His famous quote is “Don’t diminish your progress just because it’s not perfect.”
– His self-care mostly consists of skin care at night and a sheet mask sometimes. (Very good light)
– His biggest insecurity is how skinny he is. (Seventeen)
– When he was living in Brazil, a snake snuck into the house and was under his bed so he is deathly scared of snakes now. (Seventeen)
– If he could go back in time, he would go back to when he was a trainee because he had a lot of fun then. (W Korea)
– Mark’s ideal type is a woman who makes him want to stay with her.
– Mark is the lead rapper and visual in the group GOT7.
– He moved to South Korea in August 2010 after passing the JYP auditions in California.
– In 2012, he made a cameo appearance in the first episode of Dream High 2 as a backup dancer with Jay B and Jinyoung.
– He ranked 82nd on TC Candler’s “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018.”
– He participated in a KT Olleh commercial in 2011.
– He has participated in writing and composing many songs for the group’s albums including “노잼” (No Jam), “Let Me” and “My Home” for their Flight Log: Turbulence album.
– On January 19, 2021, Mark, along with the other six GOT7 members, decided not to renew their contracts with JYP Entertainment.
– He moved back to the USA and launched a YouTube channel that quickly gained over a million subscribers before he posted any content.
– He established “Mark Tuan Studio” in Beijing to focus on his solo Chinese activities and promotions. Additionally, he founded “DNA Records” in collaboration with friends.
– On April 29, 2023, he signed with Creative Artists Agency.
Likes & Dislikes
– His favorite color is red.
– He often likes to use the laughing face emoji (😂). (W Korea)
– He enjoys walking without any thoughts. (Allure)
– The material things he likes are clothes, accessories, and cars. (Esquire Korea)
– His favorite lyric to sing in the shower is “You say I seem okay when I’m sitting here with all my friends”. (Cosmopolitan)
– He likes to wear nail polish, especially black nail polish.
– He loves to play computer games.
– The most exciting thing about Korea, for him, is that he can order at any time of day. (Lined Magazine)
– He said he feels happiest when he hears the compliment “I like your song”.
– He loves Thai mangoes because of their sweetness.
– He likes pineapples on pizza.
– His favorite foods are hamburgers, meat, and soups.
– He likes eating Bingsu, a Korean shaved ice dessert.
– His favorite Thai food is mangoes and sticky rice.
– He is a skilled swimmer.
– Although he is left-handed, his parents encouraged him to use his right hand.
– He was good at mathematics during high school.
– He is fluent in English, Chinese, and Korean.
– He excels in Martial Arts Tricking.
– He spent a year learning acrobatics and two years in martial arts.
– He used to speak Portuguese but has forgotten most of it.
Personality & Habits
– Mark has an introverted and shy personality.
– To him, communicating through music is easier and more comfortable than expressing himself verbally. (Harper’s Bazaar)
– He is the type to adapt to the environment he is in. (Lined Magazine)
– He doesn’t enjoy interviews because he is a naturally quiet person. (Cosmopolitan)
– As a trainee, he had anger issues and often had disagreements with other trainees, including GOT7 members, and due to his limited Korean, Brian (DAY6) used to help translate for him.
– He has seven tattoos on his body which include the Dove tattoo on his arm, the phrases “Stay True” and “Be Real” above each knee, a Hibiscus on the back of his bicep, a smiley face on his kneecap, a butterfly near his feet, the phrase “Truth” on his arm and the number “7” on his back.
– The dove and olive branches tattoos on his forearm were done by the famous tattoo artist Dr. Woo. (Allure)
– He and Bambam got the same “7” tattooed on their backs while he, Yugyeom along with Jungkook (BTS) tattooed “Truth” on their arms in different fonts.
– His popular songs include “Far Away”, “Everyone Else Fades” and “Right Before Our Eyes”.
– Mark won the “Hot Star Award” at the Weibo Starlight Awards in 2019.
Mark (GOT7) Photos
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section!