Yugyeom (유겸) is a South Korean singer-songwriter under AOMG. He is a member of the boy group GOT7 and its subunit Jus2. He debuted solo on June 17, 2021, with his first EP Point of View: U.
Yugyeom (GOT7) Profile
|Stage Name||Yugyeom (유겸)|
|Birth Name||Kim Yu Gyeom (김유겸)|
|Birthday||November 17, 1997|
|Age||26 (in 2023)|
|Height||183 cm (6’0″)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lbs)|
Yugyeom (GOT7) Facts:
– Yugyeom was born in Seoul, South Korea but briefly lived in Saudi Arabia because of his dad’s job.
– He lived in Yeosu, Jeollanam Do, from age 6 to 11 and later moved to Namyangju, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
– He attended Donong Elementary School and Migeum Middle School.
– He later graduated from Hanlim Arts High School, majoring in Street Dance.
– His family consists of parents and one older brother.
– His hometown is Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
– He changed his major to Taekyung University, Model Department, and became colleagues with Youngjae, who also changed his major.
– The two songs he constantly listens to are Janet Jackson’s “LUV” and Polo & Pan’s “Nana”. (Metro Style)
– In 7th grade, he uploaded a dance cover of “Shock” by BEAST through which he got accepted to a dance academy. Later, he was scouted by JYP at a street dance battle.
– Initially, he only wanted to be a dancer but seeing Chris Brown’s Grammy performance made him want to be a performer who can sing.
– Jungkook (BTS), Mingyu (Seventeen), Jaehyun (NCT), and Eunwoo (Astro) bought him a Cartier bracelet for his birthday. (Elle Korea)
– Yugyeom admitted to being jealous of BamBam when they were trainees. He felt BamBam was treated differently because of his cute and little appearance, while BamBam was jealous of Yugyeom for being tall and manly, leading to some conflicts during their trainee days.
– Although his mom initially wanted him to be a normal student, he persuaded her to give him a chance to become an idol.
– He has a black Pomeranian dog named Dalkyum.
– His representative emoji is flower(🌼).
– Whenever he’s on tour, he always loses one side of his wireless earphones after waking up if he goes to sleep wearing them. (Elle Korea)
– He started dreaming of becoming a celebrity after participating in school talent shows.
– He named his dog “Dalgyeom” because he loves the “Dal” (moon) and he sometimes even prays to the moon. (Esquire Korea)
– His former dorm partner was BamBam, but he later invited a composer to live with him as he was scared to live alone. Currently, he lives with his real brother, Euigyeom.
– He taught himself how to write songs during the pandemic. He was able to sign with AOMG because of the songs and dances he worked on during the pandemic. (Daebak Show)
– He once wore a blue scarf at the Incheon Airport in 2015 and it caught the attention of fans and the scraf quickly got sold out. The scarf was later named as “Yugyeom scarf”. (Soompi)
– He went to the US for the first time at age 19 with Mark to visit his home.
– He mentioned having trouble sleeping alone due to nightmares.
– Yugyeom’s ideal type is a girl with a wacky personality.
– It got difficult for him financially to support his family as the breadwinner during covid because a lot of his performances had been cancelled. (NME)
– He gets inspiration from his imagination to write songs. (Metro Style)
– The Chinese characters for his name are “Yu” for “exist” and “Gyeom” for “humble”.
– He often helps out in their family restaurant “Steak Box”.
– Before GOT7 debuted, he prayed for all members to debut together, without leaving anyone behind.
– He likes dandelions because when he was five or six, he got inspired by them after he saw them blooming out of a brick and thought that they were strong. (Cosmopolitan)
– Yugyeom is the main dancer, sub-vocalist, and maknae in GOT7.
– He has participated in writing and composing many songs for the group’s albums including “”빛이나” (See The Light)”, “”노잼” (No Jam)” and “양심없이” (Don’t Care)
– the song for their Flight log: Departure album.
– He began his journey as a JYP trainee in late 2010 or early 2011.
– In 2011, he achieved 2nd place at the Adrenaline House Dance Battle.
– He appeared in the web-drama “Dream Knight” in 2015, alongside the other GOT7 members
– While working on the lyrics for “1Degree,” a track from their EP Spinning Top: Between Security and Insecurity, he played a part in the process.
– He secured first place on “Hit the Stage” episode 10, competing against other idols such as IOI‘s Kim Chung Ha, Block B‘s U-Kwon, Girls’ Generation‘s Hyoyeon, NCT’s TEN, and MONSTA X‘s Shownu.
– On January 19, 2021, his contract with JYP Ent. expired on January 19, 2021, and he left the company along with the other six GOT7 members.
– He later got signed to AOMG in February 2021.
– Yugyeom made the choreography for the song “If You Do”.
– He has collaborated with many artists including Devita, Jay Park, Gray, Sik-K, and Coogie.
– The music video for his song “All Your Fault” took 23 hours to shoot. (Esquire Korea)
Likes & Dislikes
– His favorite colors are yellow and black.
– He enjoys R&B and Hip-Hop music.
– He enjoys doing MMA and sometimes gets tips on it from Jung Chansung. (Daebak Show)
– He is a fan of G-Dragon and Chris Brown.
– His favorite flower is Dandelions.
– He likes wearing a lot of hair bands. (GQ Korea)
– His favorite Korean foods include samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly), kimbap (Korean sushi), and bulgogi (grilled marinated beef).
– His throat becomes instantly dry when he drinks something with high alcohol content. (Daebak Show)
– He likes to eat McDonald’s chicken nuggets.
– He enjoys drinking chocolate milk.
– Yugyeom’s nicknames include “Yugyeom doongi”, “pure crystal”, “giant-gyeom”, “Moomin”.
– His favourite nickname for himself is “Gyeom-triever” because he is a dog person. (Esquire Korea)
– He got first place when the members played the punching bag game at the arcade. (Esquire Korea)
– He is skilled in dancing and making choreographies.
– He is fluent in Korean and Japanese.
– His specialties include street dancing (krumping, house dance, popping).
– He learned boxing and kicking. (GQ Korea)
Personality & Habits
– Yugyeom has never been in a fistfight in his entire life. (Esquire Korea)
– His way of dealing with difficult times is to keep busy and always be doing something. (W Korea)
– He doesn’t get angry easily. The members say that they have never seen Yugyeom angry.
– He thinks of himself as a very positive person. (NME)
– He likes to play innocent pranks on his older members.
– He cries easily and is considered very soft-hearted among the members.
– He has an unwavering faith in himself and believes that if he works hard, it’ll work out. (Soompi)
– Yugyeom is close friends with WOODZ, Cha Eunwoo (ASTRO), Jungkook (BTS), and Mingyu (SEVENTEEN). (Daebak Show)
– He is part of a group chat with other ’97 liners from different groups, including BamBam, Jungkook, Seventeen’s The8, Mingyu, DK, Jaehyun, and Cha Eunwoo.
– Yugyeom has seven tattoos including a Star dandelion on his side, the phrase “I’m not like that” on his torso which is a lyric from his song, “No Way”, cross with wings on his back”, and the phrase “Trust Me” on his shoulder.
– He along with Mark, and Jungkook got the word “Truth” tattooed on their bicep in different fonts.
– He also has a “Ox with XCVII” on his arm which signifies his Chinese zodiac and birth year, ’97, and a “Green bird” tattoo which means “Ahgase” (baby bird), the group’s fandom name. He added this on top of his Trust Me tattoo.
– His popular songs include “All Your Fault” (ft. Gray), “I Want You Around” (ft. Devita) and “Ponytail” (ft. Sik-K).
Yugyeom (GOT7) Photos
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section!