Sana (사나) is a Japanese singer and a member of the K-pop girl group “TWICE” under JYP Entertainment. She is also a member of a subunit of TWICE “MiSaMo”.
Sana (TWICE) Profile
|Stage Name||Sana (사나)|
|Birth Name||Minatozaki Sana (湊崎 紗夏)|
|Birthday||December 29, 1996|
|Age||27 years old (in Dec 2023)|
|Height||163 cm (5’4″)|
|Weight||47 kg (104 lbs)|
Sana (TWICE) Facts:
– She hails from Tennōji-ku, Osaka, Japan.
– She went to Osaka City Gojo Elementary School and Osaka City Yuhigaoka Middle School.
– She also passed her Japan High School Graduation Level Certification Test.
– Her official height is 168 cm (5’6″).
– She doesn’t have any siblings.
– She chose her “nose” as her attractive feature.
– Her journey to stardom began when she was discovered while out shopping with her friends.
– She has graffiti as her phone wallpaper. (Buzzfeed Celeb)
– The color representing her is Purple.
– She checks her weight in the morning and in the evening as well.
– She possesses a talent for calligraphy, a skill she picked up during her primary school years.
– Despite her clumsy nature, she maintains an optimistic and cheerful personality.
– she is scared of thunder and finds it frightening.
– She is a fan of actress Park Soo-jin.
– She has an allergy to pollen.
– She would loved to visit Michael Jackson’s concert if he was alive. (Billboard)
– She is most at ease when she’s in her bed and often stretches while there.
– She always carries an icepack with her.
– She has a particular affinity for the Japanese movie “A Litre of Tears” and mentioned shedding tears while watching it.
– When she can’t sleep, she tends to alleviate her restlessness by stretching.
– She wears glasses. (WIRED)
– She is close friends with Gfriend’s Eunha, WJSN’s Yeonjung and (G)I-DLE‘s Miyeon.
– She also shares a friendship with ONF’s U, as both hail from Osaka and trained together at JYP.
– A word to describe herself is “shy”. (Vanity Fair)
– Her self-assuredness lies in her pupils, and she excels at untangling knots.
– She loves Ghibli Studios and Disney animations. (GQ)
– Fanmade videos on Twitter always make her cry. (Vanity Fair)
– Within the dorm, she shares the biggest room with Jihyo, Nayeon, and Mina.
– If she could only listen to one Twice song for the rest of her life, she would choose “The Feels”. (Buzzfeed Celeb)
– Sana’s ideal type is someone who treats their parents well, works diligently in their career and maintains a professional attitude.
– Sana holds the position of Sub-Vocalist in TWICE.
– She passed the auditions in 2012 and joined JYP as a trainee.
– She trained for 3 years.
– She was initially selected to debut with 6mix but the group was disbanded before debut.
– She participated in “Sixteen” in 2015 and became a member of TWICE.
– She has made appearances in several music videos, including GOT7’s “A” MV, Junho’s “Feel” (Japanese) MV, and Junho’s “Candy” (Japanese) MV.
– In 2017, she was ranked 21st in the “100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2017.”
– She was placed at the 46th position on TC Candler’s “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2018.”
– In 2021, she released a single cover song “Sotsugyou”, a 2020 single by Japanese band Kobukuro.
– In 2023, she became a part of the subunit MiSaMo that debuted on July 26, 2023.
Likes & Dislikes
– Her favorite thing to eat when visiting America is Takis. (The Kelly Clarkson Show)
– She has a liking for yogurt smoothies.
– Her favorite fruit is raspberry.
– Among her hobbies, she enjoys collecting perfumes and body mists, and she has a fondness for shopping.
– She likes fluffy knits.
– She has a strong dislike for eggplants and beans.
– Her favorite midnight snack is “gopchang” (intestines). (Buzzfeed Celeb)
– She likes to eat cheesecake with strawberries.
– She has a liking for spicy foods.
– Her favorite snack is Crisp Choco. (First We Feast)
– Her preferred colors include purple, pink, white, black, and beige, although she doesn’t like wearing purple clothing.
– She dislikes being alone and finds comfort in being around others.
– She enjoys horror movies and is the type to scream while bravely continuing to watch.
– Her favorite scent is candy-like with a flowery scent. (interviewmagazine)
– On March 29, 2021, she was selected as the exclusive model for A’pieu.
– She became a muse for WAKEMAKE on March 31, 2022.
– On March 6, 2023, Espoir announced her as the new face of their brand.
– Missha selected her as their new muse on March 13, 2023.
– On July 6, 2023, she was selected as Graff’s first Japan ambassador.
– On September 7, 2023, Prada announced that they had chosen her as the brand’s ambassador.
– In 2019, Sana found herself embroiled in a scandal due to a comment she made on an Instagram post regarding the transition from the Heisei to the Reiwa era in Japan. Unfortunately, her words were misconstrued by some, leading to the false perception that she was being insensitive to Korean netizens who had experienced hardships related to Japan. This controversy resulted in a significant backlash against her, but over time, she received a lot of support from her fanbase, known as “Once.”
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
Sana (TWICE) Photos
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!