Tzuyu (쯔위) is a Taiwanese singer and a member of the K-pop girl group “TWICE” under JYP Entertainment.
Tzuyu (TWICE) Profile
|Stage Name||Tzuyu (쯔위)|
|Birth Name||Chou Tzuyu (周子瑜)|
|Birthday||June 14, 1999|
|Age||24 years old (in Jun 2023)|
|Height||170 cm (5’7″)|
|Weight||48 kg (106 lbs)|
Tzuyu (TWICE) Facts:
– She hails from Tainan, Taiwan.
– She went to Tainan City Revival Middle School.
– She revealed that she had worn braces before.
– She has an older brother.
– She chose her eyes as her best feature. (Vanity Fair)
– Hailing from a well-off family, her parents own a chain of dermatology clinics in southern Taiwan, and her mother also owns two coffee shops.
– Her English name is Sally Chou.
– Jihyo would like to see Tzuyu in a period drama. (GQ)
– She wasn’t initially meant to appear on the show “Sixteen,” but she replaced Lena, a former JYP trainee.
– Her nicknames include “Chocolate” due to her dark skin, “Chewy,” and “Yoda.”
– The color representing her is Blue.
– Her family has a dog named Gucci, named after the brand by her mom’s friend.
– Her educational background includes attending Hanlim Multi Arts School.
– If she could take a trip anywhere in the world, she would choose Jeju Islands, South Korea. (Vanity Fair)
– She wore green jeans when colorful jeans used to be a trend. (Seventeen)
– She holds the distinction of being the first female K-Pop idol from Taiwan to debut as a K-Pop Idol.
– It’s a common occurrence for her to sleep with her eyes open.
– She is most confident in her eyes and chin.
– In response to whether she dreams in Korean or Chinese, she stated she doesn’t know because her dreams are noiseless.
– She has already earned over 1 million dollars.
– The first thing she does after waking up is turn off the alarm. (Buzzfeed Celeb)
– According to a Gallup Korea survey, she was the third most popular idol among young South Koreans in 2016, trailing SNSD’s Taeyeon and IU.
– Taiwanese fans have affectionately dubbed Tzuyu their “Goddess of Popularity.”
– A job she’d be good at is being a dog cafe owner. (Buzzfeed Celeb)
– She was voted as a girl group member with the best back.
– Her waistline measures 22 cm.
– While taking her middle school graduation exam in Taiwan, she signed her school desk.
– She possesses the unique ability to move her ears at will.
– She confessed she’s a huge fan of Sistar, particularly Hyorin.
– She admitted to faking being sick once to skip school.
– She can flip her tongue and turn her hands around in a full circle.
– An accidental hair flick while shooting an arrow at the Idol Athletics Championships went viral, even though she missed the shot.
– If she wasn’t part of a K-pop girl group, she would be a makeup artist. (GQ)
– While filming a music video in Jeju Island, she cried when saying goodbye to the rabbits she had played with, a rare occurrence since she’s not the type to cry easily.
– She learned how to skateboard for a commercial.
– She often sings Disney songs.
– Her hobbies include watching performances and enjoying delicious food.
– Her current favorite TV show is “I Live Alone”. (Buzzfeed Celeb)
– She expressed that if she were to be born again, she’d want to be born as a short girl.
– She is close to Rose from BLACKPINK and CLC’s Elkie.
– PRISTIN’s Kyulkyung has mentioned that getting close to Tzuyu is not easy.
– When asked what instrument she’d like to learn, she mentioned wanting to learn the guitar because her members can play it.
– She doesn’t talk much on TV shows.
– She prefers to hear “She’s so talented” rather than “She’s so pretty.”
– Tzuyu’s ideal type is someone who understands the importance of filial piety, loves her deeply, adores puppies, enjoys food, and can take the first step in approaching her.
– Her Motto is “Hard work never betrays. Don’t be selfish and work hard. You can achieve anything.”
– Tzuyu holds the position of Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Visual, and Maknae in TWICE.
– She was discovered by JYP at the MUSE Performing Arts Workshop in Tainan in 2012 and began her training in South Korea on November 15.
– In 2015, she appeared in “Sixteen” as a contestant and later on debuted with TWICE.
– In TC Candler’s “100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2015,” she was ranked 13th.
– She rose to 8th place in TC Candler’s “100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2016.”
– She received the largest percentage of votes in the history of ‘Battle of the stars’ (87%).
– She appeared in GOT7’s “Stop Stop It” MV and miss A’s “Only You” MV.
– She has endorsed several brands including Crocs Korea, L’Officiel Malaysia, and Visée Japan.
Likes & Dislikes
– She enjoys eating pasta and pizza when visiting America. (The Kelly Clarkson Show)
– She enjoys eating tonkatsu and kimbap.
– She has a liking for the drink Choco-ae-mong (chocolate milk).
– Her favorite song is Adele’s “All I Ask”. (Teen Vogue)
– Her favorite season is spring, while winter is a bit challenging for her as she gets cold easily.
– Her favorite snack is Bbasae. (First We Feast)
– The color she favors is indigo.
– Her favorite Baskin Robin flavor is Cookies and Cream.
– Her favorite music genre is pop, with a special liking for Beyonce.
– On November 28, 2015, TWICE appeared on the internet variety show My Little Television. During the program, Tzuyu held up a Taiwanese flag to show her nationality. However, Her action drew the attention of Taiwanese singer Huang An, who is based in China and opposes Taiwanese independence from China, a viewpoint held by many Chinese. Huang An described her on his Weibo account as a supporter of Taiwanese independence.
– This incident sparked controversy, and in response, JYP China announced on their official Weibo account that TWICE’s activities in China would be suspended until the misunderstanding was resolved.
– As an apology, a video of Tzuyu was released on JYPE’s channel on January 15, 2016. In the video, she started with a brief self-introduction, followed by an apology, and expressed her pride in being Chinese. The video received mixed reactions, with both strong support and backlash from the public.
– Many political figures in Taiwan, including presidential candidates and the outgoing president, released statements supporting her. Huang An faced his own backlash, and JYP Entertainment’s website experienced a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. Subsequently, both Huang An and JYP Entertainment received legal threats related to the flag incident.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
Tzuyu (TWICE) Photos
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!