WOODZ is a South Korean K-pop singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer and record producer under EDAM Entertainment. He made his solo debut as Luizy in July, 2016 with the hip hop single “Recipe”. He is a member of the boy group UNIQ.
|Birth Name||Cho Seungyoun 조승연|
|Occupation||Singer- songwriter, Rapper, Dancer, Record Producer|
|Birthday||Aug 5, 1996|
|Age||27 (in Aug, 2023)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lbs)|
– He was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– He moved to Brazil when he was young and lived there for 2 years.
– His mother owned two businesses; a Chinese restaurant and travel agency in Korea while his father was the owner of a Korean restaurant in the Philippines.
– He had to move a lot during childhood because of his parents’ businesses.
– He was a football player for which he moved to Brazil when he was in elementary school.
– He is sometimes called by his nickname “Monkey”.
– He is an only child of businesspeople parents.
– He played as the striker in the Corinthians under the name Luizinho for 2 years.
– He studied English at the Reedley International School in the Philippines for one year.
– He gained interest in Kpop through the music program Music Bank that he would watch whenever he was homesick.
– The song “Let’s Go On A Vacation” by Lee Seunggi inspired WOODZ to return to South Korea to pursue a career in music.
– He took Practical Dance at the Hanlim Multi Art School and graduated in 2016.
– He enrolled in Dongah Institute of Music and Arts to study Entertainment in Broadcasting but then he transferred to Global Cyber University to study Entertainment and Media.
– He can speak multiple languages including Korean, Chinese, Portuguese, English and Tagalog.
– His MBTI is ENFP.
– He is really good at soccer and krumping.
– He knows how to play the piano and guitar.
– He has the Silver 2 rank in the game League of Legends.
– He met Jamie at Hanlim Multi Art School.
– His role model is his mother.
– The artists he looks up to are Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Beyonce and San. E.
– He isn’t picky about food.
– He has started taking lessons for kick-boxing showing his interest in martial arts.
– He likes charismatic girls.
– His music style was pop under Luizy but has transitioned to R&B and other genres as WOODZ.
– He styles his fashion to match the song he is promoting at the moment.
– He said that he gained the desire to produce his own songs after debuting in Uniq.
– The inspiration behind his creativity is his own experiences rather than outward elements.
– He defines the difference between Luizy and WOODZ being growth. He has become more mature since his days as Luizy.
– “Meaningless” is his most personal song.
– The best advice he ever received is, “Don’t hurry, you’re already doing well”.
– He graduated at the same time as Yugyeom, Kino, Woong, and Woojung who are collectively known as Hanlim’s F5.
– His celebrity friends include Kino, Vernon, Jamie and Yugyeom.
– WOODZ was a trainee under YG Entertainment preparing to debut as a member of UNIQ, a South Korean-Chinese group managed in collaboration by Yeuhwa Entertainment.
– He is currently not active as a group member as UNIQ is on indefinite hiatus.
– He joined the group M.O.L.A in August, 2015 which includes Jamie, Nathan, Kino, Vernon and Hoho.
– He was a contestant in Show Me The Money 5.
– He is the co-founder of the production crew Drinkcolor, formed in 2016, with Eden, Oddtom and Nathan.
– His first production piece for another artist was “Always” made for the survival show The Unit.
– He was first credited under WOODZ on Eden’s album RYU: 川 as co-producer and feature.
– He has a personal production team named Team How.
– In 2019, he ranked 5th in the survival show Produce X 101 subsequently becoming a member of the group X1. The group disbanded in January, 2021.
– He composed the Chinese show Idol Producer’s “It’s Okay” and a song for the Chinese group Mr.X.
– His fandom name is MOODZ.
– His most popular songs include “Different”, “Love Me Harder” and “WAITING”
– He won the Best Icon Award at the Asia Artist Awards in 2021.
– He won the Rookie Award with the Best Potential of 2014.
NOTE: If you know more facts about WOODZ, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!