Chanyeol (찬열) is a South Korean singer and a member of the boy group EXO under SM Entertainment. He is also a member of EXO-SC a subunit of EXO.
Chanyeol (EXO) Profile
|Stage Name||Chanyeol (찬열)|
|Birth Name||Park Chan Yeol (박찬열)|
|Occupation||Singer, Song-Writer, Rapper, Actor, Model, Record Producer|
|Birthday||November 27th, 1992|
|Age||31 (in 2023)|
|Height||186 cm (6’1”)|
|Weight||70 kg (154.3 lbs)|
Chanyeol (EXO) Facts:
– Chanyeol was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– He was enrolled in a private acting institute at the age of 16.
– He graduated from Hundai Senior High School.
– He went to Kyung Hee Cyber University majoring in Business Administration.
– He also graduated from Inha University majoring in Interior Design.
– He was in a high school band club.
– He has one older sister ‘Park Yoora’ who was previously a newscaster.
– He underwent Lasik eye surgery during his trainee days.
– Chanyeol and Baekhyun used to go home together by sharing earpieces together during their trainee days.
– He refers to himself as the “Reversal Voice” because his youthful appearance contrasts with his deep, manly voice.
– He keeps several things in his go-to bag including his laptop, lip balm, glasses, nail clipper, USB stick, mouthwash, and employee ID card. (Harper’s Bazaar Korea)
– He is a Christian.
– He has close friendships with Zico from Block B, Jonghyun from CNBLUE, Woozi from Seventeen, Joohoney from Monsta X, and actor Choi Tae Joon.
– Chanyeol used to carry a handkerchief with him at all times, as he had a tendency to drool. He would use the handkerchief to wipe away any saliva, especially when someone jokingly asked him for kisses.
– His inspiration to write music comes from his sadness. (Sohu)
– He has his own recording studio called Studio 519.
– His father has previously shared that during their trainee days, D.O. would frequently stay at their house for extended periods to play with Chanyeol.
– He is also credited with designing EXO’s hexagon logo.
– His mother used to own a restaurant, and his father owns a café.
– He can’t tolerate impoliteness and immorality.
– He had a vocal cord surgery in 2019. (cnalifestyle)
– He has a pet dog named Toben and Zzar.
– He is allergic to fur and can only spend limited time with dogs.
– He had a childhood dream of becoming an astronomer.
– He raised several animals in childhood including a ferret, 7 puppies, a parrot, and a cat.
– He sang ‘Everglow’ by Coldplay at his sister’s wedding.
– His mother used to celebrate his birthday every year with his fans at her restaurant.
– Chanyeol’s jersey number 61 stems from his childhood nickname, “Park Chanho.” This nickname is inspired by a renowned baseball player who wore the jersey number 61.
– During his youth, Chanyeol displayed exceptional intelligence, prompting his mother to encourage him to participate in a “Gifted program for geniuses.”
– He loved brushing his teeth in his younger days.
– Chanyeol revealed that he experienced a moment of emotional vulnerability after a concert and he cried alone in his car. (Star Show 360)
– He revealed to have watched his part in ‘Growl’ about 300 times.
– Chanyeol enlisted in the military on March 29, 2021. During his military service, he participated in the Korean Army Musical called “메이사의노래” (Meissa’s Song).
– He once brought home an animal and his mother slapped him for that because he already had so many pets.
– He is most afraid of people because, in his opinion, human beings are the scariest creatures. (GQ KOREA)
– He is also known for helping to guide and mentor fellow EXO member Sehun, who joined SM Entertainment around the same time.
– He received a ring as a birthday gift from Chen. (iHeartRadio)
– He prefers one-to-one relationships.
– Despite his procrastination characteristics, he genuinely strives for perfection. (EXO)
– His MBTI animal is a puppy.
– Around Sehun, he feels a lot more professional. (Shot Talk)
– With inspiration from “Mozart,” he named his dog “Zzar.”
– Whenever he’s lying on his bed, his dog likes to snuggle up with him.
– His dog’s favorite toy is the Hamtory doll which Chanyeol won in a claw machine.
– He doesn’t use perfume very often.
– He always carries a notebook when traveling.
– His strength is his confidence.
– His ideal type is someone who is funny, talkative, and has the same sense of humor as him. (WKorea)
– His weakness is overconfidence.
– Chanyeol achieved second place in the 2008 Smart Model Contest, He caught the attention of SM Entertainment, leading to his selection as a trainee under the agency.
– His training tenure is 4 years.
– Chanyeol made cameo appearances in TVXQ’s “HaHaHa Song” music video, Girls’ Generation’s “Genie (Japanese Version)” music video, and TaeTiSeo’s “Twinkle” music video.
– In 2015, he made his movie debut with ‘Salut d’Amour’.
– In 2019, he released his solo song ‘SSFW’.
– He wrote the lyrics for EXO’s song “Heaven” and collaborated with Seventeen’s Woozi on the song “Give Me That.”
– He also starred in various movies and dramas, including “Salut D’Amour” (2015), “So I Married An Anti-Fan” (2016), and “Memories of the Alhambra” (2018).
– He appeared in the variety show “Roommates” in 2014 and “Law of the Jungle.”
– In 2019, he made his sub-unit EXO-SC debut with Sehun.
– In 2021, Chanyeol made an appearance in the musical road film titled “The Box.”
Likes & Dislikes:
– He enjoys listening to music and playing various instruments such as the guitar, drums, African drums, and bass. (allkpop)
– His favorite genre of music is hip hop and rap.
– He enjoys playing with claw machines. (GQ KOREA)
– He enjoys snowboarding.
– He hates insects.
– He really hates losing in a game.
– He admires artists like Jason Mraz, Coldplay and Eminem.
– His favorite movie is “School of Rock”.
– He likes the sea more than the mountains.
– His favorite number is 21.
– Among Chanyeol’s favorite webtoons are “Yumi’s Cells” and “Itaewon Class.”
– He has a fondness for the color black.
– He loves composing music and aspires to have his own compositions featured on EXO’s albums someday.
– He likes bowling and basketball. (WKorea)
– His preferred foods include Galbi and Tonkatsu.
– He doesn’t like mint choco.
– He is a heavy beer drinker. (GQ KOREA)
– His favorite dish is Sundaeguk.
– Abura Soba is a dish he really likes. (Shot Talk)
Personality & Habits:
– Chanyeol is known for his cheerful and bright demeanor.
– He believes he is a person who makes snap decisions. (EXO)
– He claims that talking to him can lead to wonderful things.
– He is very clumsy and goofy.
– He is an animal lover.
– Usually, he isn’t the first to start conversations.
– He is not a show-off person.
– Being envious of others’ lives is not in his nature.
– He has a habit of hitting someone when he is laughing hard.
– He rarely gets angry except when he loses something.
– He has a very soft heart and tends to take the words to heart.
– He is an introverted person but likes to receive attention.
– He enjoys spending time alone by himself, as does his dog.
– He is the type who lives passionately every day. (Nothin’ Y/N)
– He can play Piano, Guitar, Bass, and Drums.
– He can speak Japanese pretty well.
– He has a popular nickname of ‘Happy Virus’.
– He is also called ‘Yoda’ because of his big ears.
– In 2021, an alleged post surfaced online by someone claiming to be Chanyeol’s girlfriend of 3 years and that Chanyeol had cheated on her multiple times. His agency took legal actions against the user and Chanyeol made a statement for his fans and apologized for the inconvenience.
– His popular songs include “Yours (feat. Raiden, LeeHI & CHANGMO)”, “Tomorrow” and “We Young (EXO-SC)”.
– He also participated in the OST “Stay With Me” for the drama Goblin.
– He collaborated with American band ‘Far East Movement’ for the song “Freal Luv”.
– Chanyeol has won several awards including Most Popular Artist, Asia OST Popularity for his song ‘Stay With Me’, Most Popular Overseas Singer, and Hallyu Star Award.
NOTE: How did you get to know Chanyeol? Mention your story in the comments section and also share more facts with us if you know!