WOOZI (우지) is a South Korean singer and a member of the K-pop boy group SEVENTEEN under Pledis Entertainment. He made her/his debut on January 3rd, 2022 with the mixtape “Ruby”. He is also a member of subunits Vocal Team and SVT Leaders.
WOOZI (SEVENTEEN) Profile
|Stage Name||WOOZI (우지)|
|Birth Name||Lee Ji Hoon (이지훈)|
|Occupation||Singer, Songwriter, Producer|
|Birthday||November 22nd, 1996|
|Age||27 (in Nov 2023)|
|Height||166 cm (5’5”)|
|Weight||60 Kg (132 lbs)|
WOOZI (SEVENTEEN) Facts:
– Woozi was born in Busan, South Korea.
– He attended Hanlim Multi Arts High School and later pursued a major in Practical Music KPop Division at Hanyang University Institute for Future Talents.
– He has a strong background in classical music, having played the clarinet and other band instruments during his younger years.
– He is the only child in his family.
– He possesses the skill of creating sounds similar to musical instruments using his hands, often referred to as handcuffs.
– He is a multi-talented musician who plays the guitar and piano and enjoys producing, composing, and writing lyrics.
– He said he would play archery if he was in Olympics.
– Woozi is also known for his meticulous work in producing Seventeen’s albums and determining their musical concepts.
– Some people think Woozi and Suga from BTS look similar.
– He is the only member who began his trainee career by participating in an open audition, which means he auditioned publicly.
– He considers Chris Brown and Park Jin Young as his role models.
– He is known for having neat and attractive hands.
– Despite his serious demeanor, Woozi has a warm and profound emotional side, especially towards those he is close to.
– He is not particularly fond of physical touch or skinship.
– Among the Seventeen members, he is the one who enjoys eating the most and has a hearty appetite.
– He takes the lead in creating a lively atmosphere for late-night snacks within Seventeen.
– He has composed and written lyrics for many of Seventeen’s songs and has worked with various artists and groups outside of Seventeen.
– He has little to no interest in drinking alcoholic beverages.
– His shoe size is 260mm.
– During his trainee days, he worked on developing his skills in various areas, including rapping, singing, and dancing, making him an all-rounder member.
– Woozi’s ideal type is a bright and friendly girl.
– His personality tends to be shy and reserved.
– He is good friends with Himchan from B.A.P.
– He really wants to meet Justin Bieber.
– In 2016, he played as the goalkeeper in the ISAC (Idol Star Athletics Championships) futsal match, a special event for the Lunar New Year.
– He has collaborated with Ailee, Kanto, and has created music for four other groups, including I.O.I.
– He has experience as a baseball player from his elementary school days.
– He has several nicknames “Documentary” and “Tofu” due to his serious and pale-skinned nature, respectively.
– Interestingly, he cannot whistle.
– When he was a kid, he played baseball as a catcher.
– The meaning of his real name is that “Ji” means “know,” and “Hoon” means “service.” It signifies “to know my service.”
– He has a habit of flipping instant rice.
– He has had a fondness for animation and cartoons since he was a child.
– Woozi began his journey as a trainee for five years and was previously a member of the group ‘Tempest‘ before Seventeen was formed.
– On May 26, 2015, he made his debut as a member of the self-producing group Seventeen with their single “Adore U.” He played a significant role in writing and producing all the songs on their debut extended play (EP) titled “17 Carat.”
– Over time, he became one of Seventeen’s main producers, along with Bumzu, and was credited for creating more than 80% of the group’s music catalog as of January 2019.
– In 2016, he collaborated with Ailee to write lyrics for her song “Feelin'” with Eric Nam.
– In 2017, he penned the lyrics for the final single of the project group I.O.I, titled “Downpour,” receiving praise for his work.
– Later that same year, he gifted the song “Thankful for You” (지금까지 행복했어요) to Baekho, a member of the boy band NU’EST W, which was featured in their first EP “W, Here.”
– His contributions to the music industry were recognized as he became a full member of the Korea Music Copyright Association in 2019.
– On October 15, 2019, he released the song “Miracle” for the soundtrack of the television series “The Tale of Nokdu.”
– In 2021, he collaborated with fellow Seventeen member Hoshi on the song “Spider,” which achieved success by debuting at number five on the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart.
– Furthermore, he embarked on his solo journey by releasing his first mixtape, titled “Ruby,” on January 3, 2022.
– Woozi and EXO‘s Chanyeol worked together on a song called “Give Me That.”
– He has appeared in music videos for Hello Venus, NU’EST, and Orange Caramel.
– He has appeared in several magazines including; VOGUE Korea.
Likes & Dislikes
– He is a fan of the X-Men series.
– He enjoys listening to music, playing computer games, and watching anime.
– His favorite colors are pink, black, grey, and navy blue.
– He enjoys swimming.
– He enjoys sports and has a fondness for dogs.
– He really liked the anime series “Cyberpunk”.
– Woozi is a fan of the X-Men series and enjoys movies starring Hugh Jackman.
– He prefers winter over summer.
– He has a preference for simple yet detailed clothing that’s not too fashionable or comfortable.
– He loves to eat a combination of rice, Jjajangmyun (Black Bean Noodles), and Spicy Ramyun Noodles.
– He really likes King Crabs.
– Spicy food isn’t his favorite, and he’s not a big fan of curry.
– He really enjoys Sushi.
– He’s a big fan of Coca-Cola.
– He likes to eat chicken.
– His most popular songs include; “Ruby” and “Miracle”.
– He has won Best Producer Award at Asian Artists Award in 2021.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
NOTE: If you know more facts about WOOZI (SEVENTEEN), feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!