Christian Yu, also known as DPR Ian, is a Korean-Australian K-pop singer, visual director and chief editor of his co-founded label Dream Perfect Regime. He made his solo debut on October 26, 2020 with the single “So Beautiful”.
Christian Yu (DPR Ian) Profile
|Stage Name||DPR Ian|
|Birth Name||Christian Yu 크리스찬 유|
|Korean Name||Yu Barom 유바롬|
|Occupation||Singer, Visual Director, Founder, Chief Editor|
|Birthday||Sept 6, 1990|
|Age||33 (in Sept, 2023)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lbs)|
Christian Yu (DPR Ian) Facts:
– DPR Ian was born in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
– His parents separated when he was young.
– He played the drums in a metal band while attending Wollongong High School of Performing Arts.
– He attended University of Sydney for a year before dropping out.
– Christian Yu can speak English and Korean.
– His religion is Christianity and his baptismal name is Paul.
– He has a dog with the name of Lori.
– He is an only child.
– He fandom name is SALTs.
– He has been diagnosed to have bipolar disorder in high school.
– He gets inspiration from his daily life.
– He gets most inspired by his mother.
– He is closest to DPR Live.
– He describes his style to be edgy
– He loves tattoos and playing instruments like guitar and bass.
– He has denied rumours of him being gay or bisexual.
– He used to take vocal lessons with GOT7’s JB when they were trainees.
– He prefers staying home over going out.
– He cannot watch scary movies because he gets easily scared by paranormal things. (IG Live 06/04/20)
– His favourite folklore creatures as a child were Leprechauns.
– His ideal type is someone who is passionate about their work.
– He said he cannot handle spicy food well.
– He isn’t afraid of insects or snakes.
– He has always wanted to try balut.
– Christian Yu said he made the song “Zombie Pop” in one and a half hours.
– He used to think movies were real when he was young.
– He appreciates the small things.
– His Australian accent isn’t as strong anymore after living in Korea for 10 years.
– He thinks dying alone is scary.
– He said his experience in C-Clown was the hardest time in his life.
– He liked going to circuses as a child.
– He moved to South Korea to pursue dance but he was street-casted to become a Kpop idol.
– He was formerly the leader of the Kpop boy-group C-Clown under the stage name Rome. C-Clown disbanded in 2015.
– As a teenager, he was active on Youtube under the channel B Boy B.yu.
– He co-founded the label Dream Perfect Regime with DPR Live, DPR Cream and DPR REM.
– He is the visual director for all of the projects under DPR.
– He has directed music videos for multiple artists including Mino, Bobby, Loco, Amber Liu, and Taeyang.
– He had directed some videos for C-Clown as Rome.
– He participated in the soundtrack of Shang-Chi, the Marvel movie, along with DPR Live by releasing “Diamond + and Pearls” in 2021.
– He has done brand collaborations with Nike, Adidas, and Adobe by directing and editing their promotional videos.
– Along with DPR Live, he was part of Kill.U.Strate., a dance crew.
– He appeared in the music video for CL’s “+5 STAR+”.
– He was a model for Adidas in 2020.
Likes and Dislikes
– He loves cooking and cooks for his friends to see their reactions.
– He likes watching anime.
– He likes playing football and surfing.
– He prefers werewolves over vampires.
– He dislikes flying.
– He enjoys collecting cameras.
– His favourite ice-cream flavour is chocoloate.
– He said his favourite food is steak.
– Christian Yu loves old Hong Kong movies.
– Jazz, rock, and heavy metal are his favourite music genres.
– His most popular songs include “No Blueberries”, “So Beautiful”, and “Ballroom Extravaganza”.
NOTE: If you know more facts about Christian Yu (DPR Ian), feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!