Lee Jin Ah (이진아) is a solo singer-songwriter from South Korea under the record label Antenna. She debuted with the digital single “Appetizer” on June 10, 2016.
Stage Name: Lee Jin-ah (이진아)
Birth Name: Lee Jin-ah (이진아)
Occupation: Singer, songwriter
Birthday: March 16, 1991
Active Years: 8
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Blood Type: na
Lee Jin Ah Facts:
– Lee Jin Ah was born in Gwangju, in South Korea.
– She graduated from the Seoul Institute of the Arts in South Korea.
– In 2017, Lee Jin-ah confirmed that she was dating pianist Shin Sung Jin, whom she worked with on her album “Random.”
– Lee Jin Ah and Lee Jinhee credit their unique voices to their grandmother.
– She married pianist Shin Seong-jin on March 23, 2019.
– Lee Jin-ah’s cousin is Genie (Lee Jin-hee), who is a member of BULLDOK (a girl group).
– She and Seo Ju-young entered the Seoul Institute of the Arts in the same year.
– She and Seo have occasionally composed and arranged her songs.
– Park Jong-woo joined the “Lee Jin-ah Trio” in 2017 as a bassist.
– Seo Ju-young is also a member of the “Lee Jin-ah Trio” as a drummer.
– Lee Jin Ah made her solo debut on June 10, 2016, and has been active in the industry since 2013.
– She is currently under the management of Antenna.
– She gained fame as a singer and pianist in 2015 when she finished third on SBS’ K-pop Star Season 4.
– Lee Jin-ah released her first full-length album, “Unvisible,” under Chili Music Korea in 2013.
– After the show, she released the singles “Life is Ninano” and “Road to the Airport” in 2015.
– In 2016, she released “Times Call” and “Again Again Again” for the soundtrack of MBC’s “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.”
– Lee Jin Ah collaborated with SHINee’s Onew for the digital single “Starry Night,” released in 2016.
– In 2017, Lee Jin-ah released an extended play, “Random,” which features primarily self-composed songs that she worked on with pianist Shin Sung Jin.
– The title track of the EP, “Random,” was successful on music charts and scored first place on the jazz charts in South Korea.
– Also in 2017, Lee Jin-ah held her first solo concert, “Jin Ah’s Restaurant – Main Dish.”
– She also participated in Antenna label’s “WITH, ANTENNA” concert alongside other artists like You Hee Yeol, Jung Jae Hyung, Peppertones, Chai, Kwon Jin-ah, and Sam Kim.
– In June 2018, Lee Jin-ah released her studio album titled “Jin-Ah Restaurant Full Course.”
– She also participated in the official soundtrack of Mysterious Apartment: Birth of Ghost Ball X with the song “Fly Away.”
– She debuted as a film music director and released the OST for the movie “Children Are Happy” in 2021.
– She has collaborated with artists like Park Jin-young and Sam Kim.
– She makes music in the Jazz and R&B genres.
Kpop Star Season 4
– She released a total of nine singles, with the three most famous being “My Own Way,” “Yum Yum Yum,” and “Already One Year ” during her time on K-pop Star 4.
– She self-wrote and performed seven songs during her time in the K-pop Star 4 in 2014, which is rare in audition programs.
– Lee Jin Ah came top 3 in the show, and the show broke its rule for the first time in its history and let all the top 3 contestants choose a company of their choosing. Lee Jin Ah went with Antenna Music.
– American singer Jason Mraz praised Lee Jin-ah’s performance of “Time Slowing Down” on the piano during one episode of K-pop Star 4.
– Her popular songs include “Random,” “Rum Pum Pum,” “Dreamy Alarm,” “Dangerous Dream,” and “Where The Wind Rises.”