Mako (真子/マコ/마코) is a Japanese singer and a member of the Korean-Japanese girl group “NiziU” under JYP Entertainment.
Mako (NiziU) Profile
|Stage Name||Mako (真子/マコ/마코)|
|Birth Name||Yamaguchi Mako (山口真子/やまぐち まこ)|
|Birthday||April 4, 2001|
|Age||22 (in 2023)|
|Height||159 cm (5’3″)|
Mako (NiziU) Facts:
– Mako was born in Yame City in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan.
– She graduated from Yame City Minami Middle School.
– Until her high school graduation, she served on the student council.
– In the eighth grade, which corresponds to the third year of junior high school, she held the position of class leader.
– Her older sister, Atsuko Yamaguchi, was born in 1996.
– She speaks in Fukuoka dialect.
– According to her, the member with the strongest first impression was Rio. (hello82)
– Before auditioning for the Nizi Project, Mako, Rima, Miihi, and Yuna were already trainees under JYPE.
– She became interested in wanting to become a K-pop idol after being inspired by Twice. (Complaint Manager HUR)
– Among all NiziU members, she underwent the longest training, spanning three years.
– She is fluent in Korean and Japanese.
– She had the opportunity to debut with ITZY.
– Her mother is a nurse.
– The thing she can do better than any member is eat good food more deliciously than anyone.
– A notable fact about her is that she can eat a lemon without making a sour expression.
– During the first season of the Nizi Project, she wore braces on her teeth.
– She shares a room with Ayaka.
– When she writes in her journal, she uses emojis to convey her emotions.
– Her experience with the “NiziU Project” made her become more confident in herself. (Oricon Interview Pt1)
– She is currently in the process of learning the Korean language.
– During training, she used to share a room with Yeji of ITZY.
– She has a pet Dachshund named Pana.
– Her hobbies are watching dramas, studying languages, and writing diaries.
– She has a desire to cook for her fellow group members.
– She started learning Korean in 4th grade of elementary school after becoming a fan of KARA. (Complaint Manager HUR)
– Her advice for Korean learners is to constantly speak in Korean.
– As the leader of NiziU, she aims to steer and guide the group toward success.
– The goofiest thing she’s done is buy and apply body wash thinking it was body lotion.
– Her journey to learn Korean began during her elementary school years, driven by her aspiration to become a K-pop idol.
– Her at-home workout routine mostly includes stretching. (hello82)
– Ayaka couldn’t understand her when they first met because of her distinctive dialect. (Neighbourhood Friend Kangnami)
– Rio’s first impression of her was that she was intimidating because she had short hair, a boyish style, and a chill vibe. She also said that Mako was like a flawless model student. (To NiziU Ep2)
– She gets nightmares if she stretches before going to sleep.
– According to Rio, she has really contrasting off-screen and on-screen personalities like she is clumsy in real life but then she speaks in perfect sentences as if there is a script in an interview.
– In dance formations, Ayaka and Maya are usually in front of her, so she always pats them from behind on stage before the song starts as a way to tell them to do well.
– Rio said that she feels like an older sister to her even though they’re the same age because Mako comforts her as if comforting a child.
– She said that sometimes she feels love stronger than family love towards the members. (To NiziU Ep2)
– Her wish is to taste all the different types of chocolate in the world.
– She achieved first place in both the initial and second seasons of NiziU’s survival show, known as the Nizi Project.
– She took part in the Tokyo audition for the Nizi Project.
– She threw the first pitch for the baseball team Fukuoka Softbank Hawks.
– In February 2017, she participated in JYPE’s audition in South Korea, where she ranked third out of 3,500 participants and took the top spot among the female contestants.
– In Stray Kids‘ “God’s Menu” music video, you can spot Miihi, Maya, Rima, Mako, Rio, and Ayaka.
– Likewise, in Stray Kids’ “Back Door” music video, Mako, Rima, Nina, Riku, Maya, Rio, Mayuka, and Ayaka made appearances.
– She debuted as a leader with “NiziU’ on December 20th, 2020, with a single “Step and a Step”.
Likes & Dislikes
– Her favorite Korean food is the honey combo of Kyochon chicken and she can eat one whole set of it by herself. (Neighbourhood Friend Kangnami)
– She has stated that her favorite food is yogurt.
– Her favorite Korean proverbs are “Nice words for nice words” and “Even a monkey can fall from a tree”.
– She doesn’t like getting spoiled about movies and dramas because she enjoys the tension and suspense of not knowing.
– She loves having fun outdoors, going on a drive to refresh, and traveling. (Korean Debut Introduction Video)
– She enjoys designing clothes.
– The thing she loves most in the world is chocolate.
Personality & Habits
– She does dance practices for long hours. (To NiziU Ep1)
– She stretches before going to bed when she needs to get a good sleep in a short amount of time.
– She makes up weird lyrics to songs during practice.
– She has a habit of doing random dances.
– She isn’t the type to voice her opinions so Rio usually speaks up for her.
Mako (NiziU) Photos
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section!