Maya (まや/マヤ/마야) is a Japanese singer and a member of the Korean-Japanese girl group “NiziU” under JYP Entertainment.
Maya (NiziU) Profile
|Stage Name||Maya (まや/マヤ/마야)|
|Birth Name||Katsumura Maya (勝村摩耶/かつむら まや)|
|Birthday||April 8, 2002|
|Age||21 (in 2023)|
|Height||158 cm (5’2″)|
Maya (NiziU) Facts:
– Maya hails from Hakusan City in Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan.
– She attended Hakusan City Hoku Elementary School and later Hakusan City Hikarino Junior High School.
– During her school days, she was a member of the track and field club.
– She has an older brother.
– Riku said that Maya is a really good cook. (hello82)
– To pursue her dream of becoming a YG trainee, she relocated to Tokyo and trained for one year.
– She has a pet dog.
– She wanted to become an idol because K-pop was in trend at her school and she did many K-pop choreographies in festivals at school at that time.
– Currently, she is dedicated to learning the Korean language.
– She loves coffee but her body is weak in handling caffeine. (Complaint Manager HUR)
– Her specialty lies in cooking.
– Rima said that Maya does good impersonations.
– Given the nickname “Cowl Chan” (warm tone) by their dance trainer, she is often referred to as the “swan” of NiziU.
– She uses the Ishikawa prefecture dialect.
– She uses her own ratio of sugar and soy sauce in “tamagoyaki” (Japanese rolled omelet). (NiziU Special Interview)
– Her hidden talent is taking selfies with her toes.
– If she could swap abilities with any other member, she would choose Mako, admiring her diverse dance skills.
– Ayaka said that usually, she doesn’t seem like an older sister because she acts like a kid.
– She claims to be the best at impersonating the other members’ parts in “Make You Happy”. (NiziU Special Interview)
– Her initial impression of Mako evolved over time. She initially thought of Mako as a flawless leader and a highly composed person, but as they became friends, she discovered Mako’s endearing qualities.
– Many people believe she resembles MINA from TWICE.
– She can swim, however, Riku said she is not good at it.
– She excels in cooking, particularly when it comes to making tamagoyaki.
– She is mostly seen with Ayaka.
– Maya can cook omurice really well and often makes it for the members. (hello82)
– The artist she wants to collaborate and perform with is Twice.
– The “NiziU Project” to her, was a bridge to her dreams. (Oricon Interview Pt2)
– She said that the one who matches her sense of humor the best is Ayaka. (To NiziU Ep4)
– She wants to form a sub-unit with Ayaka one day. (To NiziU Ep4)
– She is among the fastest members to get ready and wait in front of the elevator along with Riku, Ayaka, and Miihi. (To NiziU Ep1)
– Her charming point is her crescent moon eyes.
– She has a dog named Pooh-chan who has white fur on his paws so it looks like he’s wearing socks.
– She likes to do at-home training workouts and she is very dedicated. (Korean Debut Introduction Video)
– She is a former YG Japan trainee. (Source)
– She is skilled in using facial expressions well for photoshoots.
– She started wearing blue clothes after she received blue clothes as a birthday present from Rio.
– She was previously a trainee with YG Japan.
– She also participated in the Tokyo auditions.
– She took part in the Nizi Project.
– She ranked 12th in both dance and vocal.
– In Stray Kids‘ “God’s Menu” music video, you can see Mako, Rio, Maya, Ayaka, Rima, and Miihi.
– Additionally, in Stray Kids’ “Back Door” music video, you’ll find Riku, Nina, Mako, Rio, Maya, Ayaka, Mayuka, and Rima making appearances.
– She debuted as a Sub Vocalist in “NiziU” on December 2nd, 2020.
Likes & Dislikes
– She likes making bread.
– She likes to make beads bracelet.
– Maya loves baking and she is most confident in making salted butter rolls. (Korean Debut Introduction Video)
– She likes round eyes which is why she is jealous of Rio. (To NiziU Ep7)
Personality & Habits
– Her hobbies are drawing and collecting skincare.
– Rima said that Maya groans things like “Wow” in her sleep. (Oricon Interview Pt2)
– She doesn’t get angry easily and even when she does it is a quiet anger.
– She talks to herself when she gets bored. (To NiziU Ep4)
– She said that she became more of a positive thinker and more tolerant because of Ayaka.
– She is very good at expressing emotions.
– She seems like a calm girl from her appearance but she is actually very bubbly.
– She is the type to take good care of her friends by listening to their worries.
– Maya always goes to the same shops to buy clothes and she always buys white, black, or brown clothes.
– She is not good at noticing or sensing other people’s feelings. It would be difficult for her to notice if someone was having a hard time. (To NiziU Ep7)
Maya (NiziU) Photos
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section!