QI.X members are Prin, JiGOOK, and Sen. The 3-member K-pop group debuted on March 22nd, 2022, with the single “Lights Up“ under Sweet Potato Productions.
|Debut||March 22, 2022|
|QI.X Members||Prin, JiGOOK, Sen|
|Label||Sweet Potato Productions|
|Former Member||YOURA and Maek|
– The group name QI.X is the abbreviation in which QI is short for queer idols and X meaning infinity.
– All members of the group are gender fluid and queer.
– They have released two singles so far “Lights Up” and “Walk & Shine”.
– Their fandom color is Periwinkle Purple.
– The most significant performance of QI.X’s career, up to this point, took place in July at the Seoul Queer Culture Festival, a Pride event. During the festival, Christian protesters were demonstrating against it, with signs that conveyed negative sentiments about homosexuality. However, QI.X had supportive fans present at the event, who displayed Pride flags and signs expressing their admiration and support, with messages like “We only see you QI.X.”
– QI.X announced that YOURA and Maek left the group on October 11, 2023.
QI.X Members Profile
|Stage Name||Prin (프린)|
|Position||Leader, Main Vocal, Main Dancer, Lead Rapper|
|Birthday||October 10, 2000|
|Age||23 (in Oct 2023)|
– They like to listen to Stray Kids, P1Harmony. They also like to take a stroll, and shower to refresh and release tension.
– Within QI.X, they are known for being the resident goofball.
– They have started Prin’s Queer Kpop project on their social media. They will cover songs that gave them queer soul comfort and would like to share it with thier supporters.
– They just want to enjoy and have fun everyday.
– Prin uses the pronouns They/Them.
– They identifies as non-binary. (Interview with Ildaro)
– Their hobbies include dancing and experimenting with different styles or looks.
– They initially aspired to become a K-pop idol but faced rejection from the industry due to being openly “queer.”
– Their favorite queer film is “Hedwig.”
– They follow a vegan diet.
– They are passionate about dancing and consider it a significant part of their identity.
– Their biggest dream includes performing at Gocheok Sky Dome and having an opening stage at the MAMA Awards.
– Their favorite song is “Just Did It” by NMIXX.
– They realized their queerness at the age of 12 because they felt different from those around them.
– They have a desire to get tattoos.
– They enjoy walking and dancing in the streets.
– They are a morning person, meaning they prefer mornings.
– They are fans of OnlyOneOf, NMIXX, Key, and ATEEZ.
– Their favorite aspects about themselves are their cuteness and sense of humor.
– Summer is their favorite season.
– Their MBTI personality type sometimes changes to ENFJ.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
|Stage Name||jiGOOK (지국) / June Green|
|Position||Lead Vocalist, Main Rapper|
|Birthday||December 23, 1995|
|Age||28 (in Dec 2023)|
– They have music inspiration with obsession and love. Otherwise, it would be their emotions and experiences.
– He has a tattoo of the band Radiohead.
– He enjoys being called a queen.
– They want to build a shelter for trans and gender queer people.
– JiGOOK uses the pronouns He/They.
– When talking about their gender, they say they don’t fit into one box; they can be different genders at different times.
– He has three pet cats.
– He does drag, writes songs, takes pictures, and dances freely.
– He comes from Jeju Island.
– He says he’s responsible for bringing in eco-friendliness in QI.X.
– When discussing their sexuality, they mention they can feel romantic attraction to anyone, regardless of gender, and sometimes they don’t experience much sexual attraction or it’s unclear.
– They use many labels to show that people don’t have to be limited by labels.
– He used to dream of becoming a famous singer, but he stopped listening to K-pop when his favorite idol was involved in criminal activities and disappointed him.
– He loves listening to bands like Nirvana, Sigur Rós, and Radiohead.
– His favorite queer movies are Pose, Queer as Folk, Angels in America, and Queer Eye.
– Some of his favorite solo musicians include Björk, Damien Rice, and Bon Iver.
– His favorite color is green.
|Stage Name||Sen (센)|
|Birthday||November 4, 1999|
|Age||24 (in Nov 2023)|
– Sen previously worked as a dancer and choreographer for various K-pop management agencies, including Big Hit Entertainment, now known as HYBE, which is also the agency of BTS.
– They were previously a member of the dance group DiBiZ with the stage name D.
– They hold the position of performance director within QI.X.
– Sen uses the pronouns She/They.
– She was introduced in QI.X on June 14, 2023.
– She is a dancer by profession.
– She doesn’t like to label herself since they are a queer person.
– Their aspiration was to become an artist who embraces and represents queer identity.
|Stage Name||YOURA (유라)|
|Birthday||May 7, 2000|
|Age||23 (in May 2023)|
– During their break from QI.X, they have been dedicating time to study acting.
– They wish to try sexy floor crawling dance.
– Youra uses the pronouns Them/They.
– They have a degree in acting but they are also interested in traditional arts as well as music and movement.
– They announced that they are taking a break from QI.X, after having discussion with the other members and their producer Jiyeon on February 9, 2023.
– They mentioned that they were in a repeated state of identifying their gender, and did not want to label themself as it was a complexed identity.
– They have a pet dog “Hoyang”.
– They gave multiple auditions to become a K-pop idol during their elementary days. However, they always faced disappointment and thought that it doesn’t suit them. It became thier insecurity due to which they were in constant complex and low confidence.
– It was announced on October 11, 2023, that YOURA would be leaving the group to pursue acting and theatre.
|Stage Name||Maek (맥)|
|Position||Main Vocalist, Lead Rapper|
|Birthday||September 24, 1996|
|Age||27 (in Sep 2023)|
– Love and anger are those strong emotions that inspire them to be creative.
– Some of Maek’s preferred LGBTQ+ games and films include The Last of Us, Frozen, and Aloners.
– They would love to cover “Spider” by Hoshi from SEVENTEEN
– Maek uses the pronouns Them/They.
– They like to eat delicious food.
– They are currently employed at the Seoul Disabled People’s Rights Film Festival.
– They are highly inspired by Red Velvet.
– They identify themselves as gender Queer. (Ildaro)
– They are working for “JOGAKBO” which is a transgender rights organization.
– They have two pet cats.
– They were friends with Prin before debuting in QI.X.
– They studied music in college, and their dream was to become a singer. However, they were concerned because the music industry often expects artists to conform to traditional ideas of masculinity and femininity. This made them wonder if they could succeed as a genderqueer artist.
– They enjoy protest songs and have a fondness for the song “Like Water” by Wendy.
– It was announced on October 11, 2023, that Maek would be leaving the group.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
1. How old are the QI.X members? (oldest to youngest)
QI.X members’ ages and birthdays are as follows:
– JiGOOK was born on December 23, 1995, and is 27 years old.
– Prin was born on October 10, 2000, and is 23 years old.
– Sen was born on November 4, 1999, and is 22 years old.
QI.X members were of the following ages when they debuted in 2022: JiGOOK was 26, Prin was 21, and Sen was 21.
2. Where are the QI.X members from? (ethnicity & nationality)
All group members are from South Korea.
3. What are the official positions of QI.X members?
Following are the official QI.X members’ positions:
– Prin is the Leader, Main Vocal, Main Dancer, and Lead Rapper.
– JiGOOK is the Lead Vocalist and Main Rapper.
– Sen is the Dancer.
4. What are QI.X members’ MBTI?
Following are the QI.X members’ MBTI types:
– Prin’s MBTI is INFP.
– JiGOOK and Sen MBTI is unknown.
NOTE: If you know more facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section. Who is your Bias? All submissions will be greatly appreciated!
Lights Up Performance: