WONWOO (원우) is a South Korean singer and a member of the K-pop boy group SEVENTEEN under Pledis Entertainment. He is also a member in a subunit Hip-Hop Team.
WONWOO (SEVENTEEN) Profile
|Stage Name||WONWOO (원우)|
|Birth Name||Jeon Wonwoo (전원우)|
|Birthday||July 17th, 1996|
|Height||182 cm (6’0”)|
|Weight||63 Kg (138 lbs)|
WONWOO (SEVENTEEN) Facts:
– Wonwoo, born in Changwon, South Korea.
– He attended the School of Performing Arts Seoul and pursued a Practical Music KPop Division major at Hanyang University Institute for Future Talents.
– During his childhood, he was involved in aikido and track and field activities.
– He started taking guitar classes during his third year of middle school in Seoul.
– He initially joined Pledis Entertainment’s auditions for the experience but ended up passing.
– He has a younger brother named Jeon Bohyuk.
– He prefers to avoid aegyo.
– He cried while watching the Korean movie “Miracle in Cell No.7.”
– During his earlier years, he was a fast runner and excelled in the high jump.
– His role models include Lupe Fiasco and Tablo, as he’s interested in writing lyrics.
– The meaning behind his name is “Won,” which means ’round,’ and “Woo,” which means ‘help.’
– He uses an iPhone 13 Pro Max in Sierra Blue as his mobile phone.
– When not working, he enjoys spending time at home, playing games, and reading books.
– He’s also involved in feeding stray cats in his neighborhood.
– As a trainee, he wasn’t a fan of rice and preferred vegetable snacks as an alternative.
– He excelled in subjects like English, Math, and Korean but wasn’t as strong in Humanities, though he later found it interesting.
– He holds an international driving license and used to share a room with S.Coups in the old dorm but now shares a room with Mingyu.
– He shares a close relationship with Joshua, as their mothers are very close, often having dinners together with both families.
– He possesses a high level of self-confidence and self-love, making him confident in his abilities and worth.
– Interestingly, he doesn’t believe in the existence of aliens and tends to rely on his own observations to form beliefs.
– He dreams of becoming a radio DJ and is close to B.A.P’s Himchan.
– Interestingly, he struggles with taking selfies.
– He doesn’t believe in love at first sight and values a deeper connection.
– His mother sadly passed away due to illness on the morning of April 6th, 2022.
– Wonwoo’s ideal type is someone who suits him well.
– He has been learning photography and videography.
– He was a trainee for four years, initially aiming for a career as a singer but later gaining recognition as a rapper and becoming part of Seventeen’s Hip Hop team.
– He began his trainee journey at Pledis Entertainment in November 2011.
– He debuted as a member of Seventeen in 2015.
– He directed the music video “Holiday” by Seventeen.
– He appeared in several magazines including; W Korea, GQ Korea, ELLE Man Korea, and Japan’s MEN’S NON-NO.
– He also endorsed Huxley.
Likes & Dislikes
– Wonwoo enjoys reading, playing games, and watching movies in his spare time.
– His favorite color is blue.
– When it comes to movies, he prefers scary ones over comedies.
– He enjoys listening to sad music before bedtime.
– He has diverse interests, including a love for reading thriller and detective novels.
– He has a casual style and likes leather jackets.
– He has a manly side and enjoys sports like billiards, bowling, and basketball.
– His favorite song is “Through The Night” by IU.
– Interestingly, despite his current involvement in sports and exercise, he used to dislike exercising.
– Cats are his favorite animals.
– He has an appreciation for baby’s breath as his favorite flower.
– He has a fondness for places with ample natural surroundings and also has an interest in museums and galleries.
– He has a strong liking for ballads.
– Wonwoo has specific food preferences, disliking ketchup, fermented cucumbers, curry, and abalone rice porridge.
– He enjoys oil pasta, and has a particular fondness for vegetable biscuits and Neoguri ramyun. – He enjoys grape juice and cola as his favorite drinks.
– He’s known to be a strong drinker, with Stella Artois being his favorite beer brand.
– He likes sweet and spicy chicken and kimchi fried rice.
– He’s also a fan of pomegranates and hamburgers but can’t eat seafood.
– He’s known for his wisdom and extensive vocabulary, often contributing to the group’s intellectual discussions.
– As a vocalist, he has a unique timbre and specializes in a low range.
Personality & Habits
– He had a peculiar habit of biting people who were standing or sitting beside him.
– Despite his sharp eyes that may make him seem cold, He is known for being a warm person.
– He also has a relatively small appetite.
– He sleeps with his mouth open, and has a habit of shaking his legs and making sweater paws.
– Despite being somewhat shy initially, Wonwoo eventually warms up to people after consistently meeting them for a month or two.
– He has a good tolerance for spicy foods.
– He’s afraid of dogs.
– He’s very ticklish.
– His daily routine involves checking their schedule on his phone right after waking up.
– He has a tendency to react slowly, similar to a sloth.
– There was a past online controversy involving Wonwoo in 2016 when he posted negative comments about Girls’ Generation. He was quick to acknowledge his immature actions and posted a handwritten apology letter to address his past behavior.
– One of his popular songs include “Bittersweet (feat. LeeHi)”.
– He also took part in the OST “Sweetest Thing” from Chocolate.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
NOTE: If you know more facts about WONWOO (SEVENTEEN), feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!