S.Coups is a South Korean rapper and a member of the Kpop boy group SEVENTEEN under Pledis Entertainment.
S.Coups (SEVENTEEN) Profile
|Stage Name||S.Coups (에스쿱스)|
|Birth Name||Choi Seung Cheol (최승철)|
|Birthday||August 8, 1995|
|Age||28 (in Aug 2023)|
|Height||178 cm (5’10”)|
|Weight||65 kg (143 lbs)|
S.Coups (SEVENTEEN) Facts:
– He was born in Daegu, South Korea.
– He graduated from Seoul School of Performing Arts (’14) and pursued a major in Practical Music with a focus on Kpop Course at Hanyang University.
– He loves golf and practices his half swing regularly, even on workdays, emphasizing the importance of staying healthy through exercise and an early sleep schedule. (ViVi Interview)
– When given ¥1,000 at a Japanese convenience store, he would buy various types of delicious bread, appreciating the quality of bread in Japanese convenience stores. (ViVi Interview)
– He graduated from Hanyang University and is continuing his master’s studies in Business Administration at Anyang University.
– Despite trying to present himself strongly, he is easily moved to tears. When the other members cry, it often makes him cry as well.
– He is someone who values his sleep and tries to rest whenever he gets the chance.
– He said he completely integrates Choi Seung-cheol and S.Coups because both are a part of him. (Marie Claire Interview)
– He feels he has achieved a lot but he feels that he hasn’t fully enjoyed yet.
– His aspiration for the future is to have three sons and one daughter.
– The meaning behind S.Coups’ real name is that “Seung” means clearly winning or winning, and “Cheol” means fair.
– When shopping, he often accompanies Mingyu to stores recommended by Mingyu.
– He values scents that are unique and make people associate them with him personally, emphasizing individuality and richness over variety.
– When given a choice of penalties, he would choose to eat extremely spicy food as he has improved in handling it, expressing a strong aversion to bungee jumping.
– His role models include U-Know Yunho, G-Dragon, and Zico.
– His stage name, S.Coups, is derived from his real name Sungcheol, with “S” representing his name and “Coups” referring to “Coup d’état.” He created this stage name himself.
– He easily gets scared by many things.
– Among his living environment (interior design), food, and clothes, he places the most importance on food, stating that without it, life is threatened. (ViVi Interview)
– He likes the highest roof of the building because he can collect his thoughts there.
– His ideal type is someone who can cook well and has a hearty appetite.
– He has a dog named Kkuma, whom he calls his daughter.
– He holds a black belt in Taekwondo, having practiced it for seven years.
– He used to get worried about losing popularity but not anymore. (Marie Claire Interview)
– Jeonghan and Seungkwan often rely on him for advice and support. He provides them with honest answers when they confide in him.
– In his childhood, his dream was to become a physical education (P.E) teacher.
– He didn’t like his long eyelashes, so he used to trim them when he was young.
– He shares close friendships with members from other K-pop groups such as MONSTA X, VIXX’s Hyuk, and BTS‘s Jimin, V, and Jungkook.
– He doesn’t feel successful as an artist because he always works with the mindset that he wants to be the best. (Marie Claire Interview)
– He wants to continue riding a mountain bike with Mingyu.
– The essential items he always likes to carry are his phone and wallet.
– He said he works hard as a member of the group and doesn’t think of himself as the leader. (CanCam Interview)
– The most enjoyable thing he did was ride a bike with Mingyu on the film site. (CanCam Interview)
– It was revealed that S.Coups was the one behind Mingyu telling Jeonghan, a new trainee, to address him as “senior” or “sunbae-nim” during their trainee years.
– If had to choose someone in Seventeen to date, he picked himself, because of his good looks.
– In the past, he shared a room with Wonwoo in the dorm but now he no longer lives in the dorm and has moved out to live with his brother.
– S.Coups has the tiniest feet among all the SEVENTEEN members, with a shoe size of 250 mm.
– His nicknames include “17’s Father” and “Beagle King.”
– He has an older brother.
– His hobbies include reading, playing games, and participating in sports.
– If he could add another member to the Hip-Hop unit, he would choose Hoshi to assist with choreography.
– He once worked a part-time job in a cafe alongside Mingyu.
– If he were to assign any color to the group it would be his favorite color, passionate red.
– S.Coups is the leader, hip-hop team leader, rapper, and sub-vocalist in the SEVENTEEN.
– He spent six years as a trainee before debuting with the group.
– Before his debut, he featured in Raina’s solo song “Superwoman” and appeared in After School Blue’s “Wonder Boy” MV and NU’EST’s “Face” MV.
– He was one of the original Pledis Boys and was initially supposed to debut with NU’EST.
– Before Seventeen was formed, he was part of a group called ‘Tempest.’
– He is in SEVENTEEN subunits, “Hip-Hop Team” (Leader) and “SVT”.
– He has appeared in several magazines including “ALLURE KOREA”, “SINGLES KOREA” and “DAZED”.
– He actively participated in writing many songs for the group’s albums.
– S.Coups is the first member to join SEVENTEEN and also had the longest training period among the group’s members.
– On November 19, 2019, he began showing signs of anxiety and subsequently announced that he would temporarily suspend his activities with SEVENTEEN. He later made his comeback announcement through a V Live broadcast on March 3, 2020.
Likes & Dislikes
– Likes & Dislikes
– Red and White are his favorite colors.
– His favorite number is 8.
– His favorite Korean singers are Big Bang’s Taeyang and Seol Kyung Goo.
– He doesn’t like roller coasters.
– Given the choice between summer and winter, he prefers summer.
– The thing he likes the most in his room is the bear figure because it becomes the main point in the room.
– He enjoys wearing refreshing and cool accessories.
– Tonkatsu, kimchi stew, pickled radish, and pork cutlet are among his favorite foods.
– He also enjoys cherries and cherry jubilee Baskin Robbins ice cream.
– His first choice of drink at a Japanese izakaya is draft beer.
– On stage, S.Coups prefers to drink only water.
– His favorite food for the last day on Earth would be pork cutlet, and he advises against drinking protein shakes on one’s last day.
– He dislikes extremely spicy or sour foods like wasabi and lemon.
– He loves buldak stir-fried noodles (hot chicken flavor ramen).
– S.Coups confirmed that he got three tattoos on his back after SEVENTEEN’s contract renewal as a group in 2021. These tattoos include an olive tree symbolizing SEVENTEEN’s birth tree, a diamond carat tattoo, and a “Journey of Youth 2015.05.26~” tattoo, with the intention of keeping a blank space unfilled.
– His MBTI is ISTP. (His previous result was INFP)
– He is known as the dad of the group.
– Despite disliking showing his weaknesses, he considers himself to be quite fragile on the inside.
– He is most confident in terms of physical strength and power and he got the nickname Beagle King for his lively and energetic personality.
– He was voted by the other members as the manliest member of Seventeen.
– He is known for his competitiveness in games.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
NOTE: If you know more facts about S.Coups (SEVENTEEN), feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!
‘Super’ Fancam – S.Coups