The8 (디에잇) is a Chinese singer and a member of the K-pop boy group SEVENTEEN under Pledis Entertainment. He also made his solo debut on June 9, 2019 with single “Dreams Come True”.
The8 (SEVENTEEN) Profile
|Stage Name||The8 (디에잇)|
|Birth Name||Xu Ming Hao (徐明浩)|
|Birthday||November 7, 1997|
|Age||25 years old (in 2023)|
|Height||179.8 cm (5’11″)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lbs)|
THE8 (SEVENTEEN) Facts:
– The8 was born in Haicheng, China.
– He’s been practicing martial arts since he was five.
– He graduated from Beijing International Academy of Arts.
– The8 doesn’t have any siblings.
– His nicknames are Little 8 and Fairy.
– He’s a fan of the frog character Kermit.
– In Korea, he’s known as Seo Myung Ho.
– He danced in China for six years.
– He would want to visit Malaysia or Hawaii for vacation.
– He’s responsible for dancing in the performance team.
– He won a martial arts competition as a child.
– He does stretching before going to bed.
– He dreamed of being a superstar since he was young and auditioned in China.
– His shoe size is 260mm.
– He’s in a group chat with friends from various K-pop groups.
– The members said he looks like Squidward.
– Seventeen is like a family to him, not just work.
– He has a driver’s license.
– In June 2020, he still had his own room in the new dorm.
– The8’s ideal type is someone cute and kind.
– Additionally, there was a moment when he went to the training center at 5 a.m. and helped trainees who had been practicing all night.
– He was a dance mentor on “Idol Producer” season 2.
– He used to have his own room in the old dorm.
– Possibly because of the influence of Chinese tones, he has a slight dialect accent, regardless of where he’s from.
– He hopes to look cool and sexy on stage.
– He says, Seventeen is his youth.
– His role models are his parents and Henry from Super Junior M.
– His stage name represents the infinity symbol when the “8” is laid down.
– He wants to go diving.
– His style is hip-hop-inspired.
– He excelled in school before pursuing breakdancing seriously.
– He’s good at cooking and can cook scrambled eggs with tomatoes, egg fried rice, egg pancakes, and scrambled eggs with chives.
– In 2008, The8 appeared on a Chinese TV show called CCTV Variety Show. Later, he also appeared on another Chinese program called Day Day Up.
– In 2012, he took part in the 6th Shanghai World Dance Competition, which happened from April 27 to April 30.
– He officially debuted as a member of the South Korean boy band Seventeen when they released their first extended play, “17 Carat,” on May 29, 2015.
– He trained for one year and five months.
– In 2018, He participated in a Chinese reality TV show called Chao Yin Zhan Ji, along with his bandmate Wen Junhui.
– In 2019, he served as one of the two dance coaches, alongside Jolin Tsai, in the Chinese survival show Youth With You.
– He made his solo debut on June 9, 2019, with the single “Dreams Come True.”
– On May 4, 2020, he announced the release of his second single, “Falling Down,” which came out on May 8, 2020.
– On April 8, 2021, The8 announced his third single, “Side by Side,” which was released on April 13, 2021, in both Chinese and Korean.
– On May 4, 2021, he released a single called “Mom’s Missed Call” with his bandmate Wen Junhui.
– On March 18, 2022, He released a Chinese single called “Hai Cheng” (海城).
Likes & Dislikes
– He enjoys summer because he loves the ocean.
– His favorite colors are black, white, and bright ones.
– He’s not a fan of drinking alcohol.
– He has a strong fondness for tea and meditation.
– He likes break dancing, martial arts, and watching dramas.
– His favorite food is ‘rice.’
– He enjoys outings with his group, like riding bikes and watching movies.
– He likes sweet, woody, and heavy scents.
– He loves dishes with meat and vegetables.
– He prefers Chinese food over Korean food.
– When The8 is sad or stressed, he reads.
– He never skips meals.
– Cold foods upset his stomach, so he avoids ice cream.
– He’s open to others’ opinions and likes playing pranks on close friends.
– He’s into cleanliness and often cleans up the dorm.
– His most popular songs includes; “Side by Side (Korean ver)”, “Hai Cheng”, and “Side by Side (Chinese ver)”.
– The8 also took part in the OST “Maze” from The King: Eternal Monarch (Chinese ver.).
NOTE: If you know more facts about THE8 (SEVENTEEN), feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!