Gowon (LOONA) Profile
|Stage Name||Go Won (고원)|
|Birth Name||Park Chaewon (박채원)|
|Birthday||November 19, 2000|
|Age||23 (in Nov 2023)|
|Height||160 cm (5’2″)|
|Weight||44 kg (97 lbs)|
Gowon (LOONA) Facts
– Gowon was born in Deokyang -gu, Goyang -si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
– She grew up in Jung District, Incheon, South Korea.
– She went to Incheon Gong Hang Middle School.
– She transferred from Incheon Haneul Academy to Bakmun Girls’ High School but later dropped out.
– Gowon considers her voice as her charming point.
– Her hobbies include playing Nintendo, keeping a diary, and shopping for clothes and makeup.
– She always sleeps once she gets in a car.
– She has slow movements that her group members joked that she takes 3 hours to eat one meal. (59Manual)
– Gowon is particularly close to Hyeju, and she has a small circle of friends, which Hyeju often teases her about.
– She is the middle child in her family, with an older brother and a younger sister.
– She was inspired to become an idol after attending Oh My Girl’s “Summer Fairy Tale” concert in August 2016 (Weekly Idol 449).
– Something she wants to say is “Let’s stay the way we are and never fight each other”. (360° Pre-debut Interview)
– During her school days, she belonged to an ordinary aviation club, and her friends were unaware of her interest in becoming a celebrity.
– She attended Incheon’s Haneul Academy but dropped out to focus on her idol career.
– Her first performance was a dance cover of Wonder Girls’ “Tell Me.”
– Due to the short period between her training in BBC and becoming a LOONA member, Gowon felt self-doubt about her skills and readiness to debut.
– She is a big fan of the KIA Tigers like Haseul.
– She shares a close bond with Heejin, who is about the same age as her, making it easy for them to talk to each other.
– She hates it when someone interrupts her alone time. (Re-writing Profiles Ep2)
– Choerry and Gowon are late-night snack buddies.
– In 2019, she revealed during a fan meeting that she once watched a drama for 8 hours and drank a lot of water.
– She is obsessed with MBTI and often indulges in discussions about it.
– Her younger sister, Park Hyo-min, born in 2011, is a fan of Hyeju.
– One of the perfumes she uses is Secret Wish by Anna Sui.
– She used to be so shy that she couldn’t eat with other LOONA members.
– She has a pet dog named Bbomi.
– Yeojin would choose “Newtopia” as the song that suits Gowon best because Gowon likes songs that are overwhelming. (ET News)
– She is jealous of Chuu‘s tireless energy.
– Canadian singer Grimes revealed that Gowon is the ‘godmother’ to her newborn son, X Æ A-12.
– She, along with Yves, Chuu, and Hyeju, shared a room.
– If she were to try acting, she expressed an interest in playing a villain who cannot be hated.
– Gowon is known to watch a lot of TV at the dorm and likes to have control of the remote.
– Her representative color is Eden green, and her animal is a butterfly in LOONA.
– Her idol is Gugudan’s Sejeong.
– Gowon is a member of the sub-unit Yyxy and LOONA Yum Yum.
– She is the rapper, dancer and vocalist in LOONA and LOSSEMBLE.
– Gowon debuted on January 29, 2018, under LOONA with the song “One&Only.”
– She trained for one month before joining LOONA.
– On June 16, 2023, after winning the lawsuit, it was announced that Gowon had terminated her contract with BBC.
– She auditioned for Source Music Entertainment before joining BlockBerry Creative.
Likes & Dislikes
– She prefers dogs over cats, particularly Maltese dogs.
– She dislikes bugs, being hungry, and getting woken up from sleep.
– She loves her puppy (Bbomi), spicy rice cake, and finding babies’ cute actions.
– She is also a fan of The Hunger Games.
– She likes the colors red, pink, and lavender.
– Oh My Girl is her favorite group.
– Gowon prefers winter over summer because she hates mosquitoes
– Gowon enjoys food with cheese and dislikes spicy food.
– Her favorite Gongcha is black milk tea with a sugar content of 30% and pearl added once.
– She likes the Italian BMT with olives and chili onion sauce for her Subway order.
– She likes Hawaiian pizza but doesn’t go out of her way to buy it.
– She likes to eat sun chips.
– She has several nicknames including Vanilla (given by Chuu and Yves), Park Gowon, Go Chaewon, Kong Won, Ack Chaewon, and Gi Chaewon.
– She is nicknamed “Papagowon” by Chuu.
– Fans nicknamed her “Tweety” because of her resemblance to the character.
– She would like Orbits to call her “Princess Go Won”.
– Gowon can make waves with her eyebrows and demonstrated on Idol Room that her tongue can reach down to her chin, possibly even the tip of her nose.
– She can also speak like a ventriloquist, without moving her lips and jaw.
– She scored 647 points on a punch machine.
– Her specialties include having a slower sense of time than others, fake laughter, and fake smiles.
Personality & Habits
– She has a shy and introverted personality.
– When sleeping, she tends to stay in one position.
– ViVi finds Gowon to be cool and adorable.
– Her MBTI type is INTP.
– She is a homebody and doesn’t go out often.
– She is known for bothering Yves and Chuu and stealing Hyeju’s side dishes and eating them.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
NOTE: If you know more facts about GoWon, feel free to submit them in the comments section!