JMIN is a Korean-American rapper that debuted on August 13, 2021, with the EP “Homecoming” under H1GHR MUSIC.
|Birth Name||Jonathan Min|
|Birthday||June 19, 2000|
|Age||23 (in June 2023)|
|Height||189 cm (6’2″)|
– During 9th grade, He moved from Florida to Los Angeles.
– He was first a featured rapper on CAMO’s single “Life is Wet”. As this song reached 10 million views on YouTube, he started to gain fame.
– He has a shy personality.
– He holds a driver’s license.
– JMIN is the tallest among H1GHR MUSIC’s artists and he is also the tallest among the people in the company.
– In his debut EP “Homecoming”, he collaborated with artists like Park Hyeonjin, CAMO, Mirani, and Jay Park.
– He likes eating sweets and mint chocolate.
– JMIN and Jay Park’s connection grew through Instagram, and with the help of a friend, he got to meet Jay Park. This eventually led to him joining H1GHR Music.
– He is fluent in English and can speak basic Korean.
– During his time in Florida, he used to enjoy catching bugs as a child.
– He started rapping when he was in the United States.
– His family consists of his parents and an older sister born in 1994.
– His debut single ‘Spaceship’ was released in September 2018.
– He says he can understand Korean to some extent but can speak very little.
– He shared in an interview with eyesmag that his partnership with H1GHR Music happened very naturally and things aligned perfectly which led him to join the company.
– He first visited Korea out of curiosity about Korean music labels. He had thought of continuing his music career in the US, but things changed when he returned to Korea and Jay Park followed him on Instagram.
– It’s said that Jay Park saw JMIN’s potential during his visit to Korea.
– He became a member of H1GHR MUSIC in August 2021.
– If he wasn’t pursuing a career in music, he would have pursued being a mukbanger.
– While he prefers American sweets, he also likes Korean sweets.
– He became more famous with his songs like “Spaceship” and “Saucin,” which were featured on a popular American hip-hop YouTube channel, No Jumper.
– He also worked with Korean hip-hop artists CAMO and KISSTA, which helped him gain recognition in Korea too.
– He made an appearance on episode 6 of Get Real S2.
– His decision to sign with H1GHR MUSIC was influenced by his mother.
NOTE: If you know more facts about JMIN, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!