Jongseob (종섭) is a South Korean singer-songwriter, rapper, and a member of the boy group “P1Harmony” under FNC Entertainment.
Jongseob (P1Harmony) Profile
Stage Name: Jongseob (종섭)
Birth Name: Kim Jong Seob (김종섭)
Occupation: Rapper, singer-songwriter
Birthday: November 19, 2005
Active Years: 2016–present
Age: 17 (in Nov 2023)
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Height: 177 cm (5’9½”)
Blood Type: A
Jongseob (P1Harmony) Facts
– He was born in Ilsandong-gu, Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
– Jongseob graduated from Munsan-dong Elementary School.
– He briefly went to Seonyu Middle School, but dropped out and passed the Middle School Graduation Qualification Test.
– Jongseob has a slim waist and the biggest feet among all P1Harmony members.
– The song that makes him cry is “Falling Slowly.”
– He advises his pre-debut self that it’s never too late. (Billboard Interview)
– His father, Kim Young-jae, is a founding member of the Korea National Contemporary Dance Company, and his mother, Kim Yeon-ju, is a jazz dancer.
– His karaoke go-to song is Beenzino’s “Dali, Van, Picasso.”
– He would like to see Post Malone in concert.
– He still maintains good relationships with members of the group Treasure and with Kang Seokhwa.
– Jongseob has poor eyesight.
– After seeing B.A.P’s ‘Warrior’ performance on a music show, he wanted to become a singer.
– The first concert he saw was B.A.P Concert.
– He realized he could be an artist full-time through B.A.P and his parents’ support.
– Jongseob’s life motto is ‘head cold, heart hot.’
– The name Jongseob means ‘a person who lives passionately like a firework and resonates widely in the world.’
– He wants to learn acrobatics.
– He said his hometown had a positive atmosphere, clean air, and peace, which influenced him positively.
– He finds the title track “Scared” from Disharmony: Break Out the most meaningful as it encourages voicing one’s opinions and living freely.
– During a traditional first birthday ceremony, Jongseob chose a stethoscope and microphone.
– He dreams of performing on stage with SF9’s Hwiyoung.
– The first piece of music he bought for himself was B.A.P’s “1004” on CD.
– The top item on his professional bucket list is to perform until he can’t.
– His bucket list of artists he wants to collaborate with are Penomeco and Smino.
– His hobbies include composing, writing lyrics, biking, skateboarding, playing the piano, and gaming.
– He is roommates with Theo and Soul.
– He believes he is skilled at playing mobile games.
– He believes he cooks better than he thinks.
– Jong-seop likes mushrooms and often includes a 🍄 emoji in his comments on Weverse or Twitter.
– He is an only child.
– Jongseob has written many songs, but he hasn’t released them yet because he is still a new artist.
– Jongseob was the sixth and last member to be revealed in P1Harmony.
– He is the rapper, dancer, and maknae in the group “P1Harmony”.
– In 2016, he participated in K-Pop Star Season 6 and formed a duo called ‘Boyfriend’ with Park Hyun-jin. They won the competition, becoming the youngest winners in the history of Korean audition programs. Both signed a contract with YG Entertainment afterward.
– He appeared in the Paris Baguette’s “Paris Baguette Pocket Sandwich” in 2017, prior to his debut.
– He also performed at the “K-pop star concert” and “LG Twins Theta” in 2017.
– He appeared as a guest in many programs before his debut including “Park So-hyun’s love game”, “Kim Chang-ryeol’s Old School” and “boom boom power”.
– He was a former trainee under YG Entertainment and participated as a contestant on Treasure Box but was eliminated in episode 9.
Likes & Dislikes
– His favorite movies include ‘Les Miserable’, ‘Harry Potter’, and ‘Maze Runner’.
– Jongseob is a big fan of SEVENTEEN, and his favorite member is Hoshi.
– He is a cat person.
– His favorite colors are purple and yellow.
– Black jeans and necklaces are his favorite fashion items/accessories.
– He particularly likes his eyes and considers them his favorite facial feature.
– Jongseob loves to read books.
– One of his favorite songs is ‘La Vie en Rose’ from the movie Wall-E.
– Penomeco is his favorite musician.
– Jongseob can eat almost everything except seaweed, which he cannot eat at all.
– He really enjoys eating mushrooms.
– He prefers Americano over Latte.
– Melon is his favorite fruit.
– He doesn’t like spicy food.
– He likes mint chocolate.
– He would rather eat chocolate cake over cheesecake.
– He likes fried chicken.
– He has several nicknames such as Sub, Servi, Vitamins, Vitamin Service, When Everything Buzzes, Purple, Baby Tiger, Ilsan Boss, Mushrooms, and Baby Goblin.
– Fans nicknamed him “Ilsan Boss” by combining his hometown, Ilsan, with the character Boss Baby, as fans think he resembles it.
– Jongseob is skilled in reading, rapping, writing lyrics, and composing.
– Initially, he lacked the ability to take selfies among the members because he didn’t take them frequently.
Personality & Habits
– His personality is described as realistic but talkative, and he becomes bright and cheerful when you get close to him.
– He likes to wait for half an hour outside a closed, air-conditioned room before entering to experience the cold.
– His MBTI type is INTJ.
– Soul says that Jongseob is very thoughtful for his age.
Streaming Platform Links
NOTE: If you know more facts about Jongseob (P1Harmony) Facts, feel free to submit them in the comments section! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!
P1Harmony JONGSEOB(종섭) ‘JUMP’